Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters – This recipe evolved into what you see today. Ken said I should do a recipe to celebrate my father, but I had just done 5 days of pasta, and that I would say hands down was my dad’s favorite.
I did mention him in one of the posts and wished him a Happy Father’s Day. I do miss him terribly, seems so long ago I had the privilege to be with him.
He was a great, well-read man of vast knowledge and I loved him dearly.
Ken is the great dad in our lives now and this recipe was designed around all of the things he loves. Not that long ago he was making a recipe from the Fine Cooking magazine, five-spice candied bacon and it was delicious.
With that in mind and another of his favorites, smoked oysters I created this recipe just for him and he loved it!!
Happy Father’s Day to you all and may you have a great day in remembering dads and grandads and being with the dads you love. Enjoy!!
- 1/2 lb. thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup plus more for drizzling (~1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 85 gm. can smoke oysters, drained
- Preheat oven to 400F. On a tray lined with foil place a cookie cooling rack on top.
- Cut bacon slices in half and lay very close to each other.
- Mix the brown sugar with the chili flakes and chili powder. Mix in the 1 Tbsp. of maple syrup.
- Crumble the mixture on top of the bacon and cover as evenly as you can. Drizzle the bacon with more of the maple syrup.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 min. until you are able to work with the bacon.
- Flip a slice over and place an oyster on the bottom of the bacon.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place them back onto the rack and bake an additional 10 min. or until starting to crisp.
- Cool slightly and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 67Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
Join us in Orlando this summer www.foodandwineconference.com