#VHExcitement Sweet Thai Chili Chicken
I am so thrilled to be part of the VH Tour with this #VHExcitement Sweet Thai Chili Chicken, and thrilled to be invited by Addicted to Recipes also. That was very kind of Dawn to think of me. I knew my package was coming but wasn’t quite sure what was in it. I was gobsmacked to receive a big beautiful box of entertaining items plus delicious VH sauces. Thank you so much.
Now I had to create something to do with them. Hmmm, I put my thinking cap on and I came up with two great recipes for you and a giveaway that I will have for you on the last day, Sunday. This first recipe is what I created from seeing and eating Original Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken.
This is my version of this delicious appetizer and man did it turn out good. Ken, Amber and myself gobbled it down. I wanted again to give you something for New Year’s Eve!! A different kind of appetizer that can be easily shared while you are standing around sipping and gabbing. This can be easily converted to a dinner. Add some rice and a little stir fry and viola a full meal.
Check out, like and follow VH sauces for great tips for adding fun and easy new ideas to your everyday menu.
- 1 cup cucumber cut up into 1" pieces
- ½ cup chow mein noodles
- ½ cup VH Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 cup tempura or light batter mixed as per package instructions
- 2 chicken breast cut into small chunks
- Salt to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Green onion, green ends only, sliced for garnish
- Heat approx. 2½" oil in a wok until a small piece of bread floats and bubbles. Coat chicken pieces in tempura, just enough for one batch at a time, add to oil. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Salt to taste coming out of the oil. Continue cooking until all the chicken is done.
- When chicken is done transfer to a large bowl, toss with the VH Thai sauce, cucumber and chow mein noodles. Serve immediately garnished with the green onion.
Disclosure – I am participating in the VH Excite Your Dinner blog tour by enCompass Media on behalf of Con Agra Foods. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion.