#VHExcitement Sweet Thai Chili Chicken
I am so thrilled to be part of the VH Tour with this #VHExcitement Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and thrilled to be invited by Addicted to Recipes also. That was very kind of Dawn to think of me. I knew my package was coming but wasn’t quite sure what was in it. I was gobsmacked to receive a big beautiful box of entertaining items plus delicious VH sauces. Thank you so much.
Now I had to create something to do with them. Hmmm, I put my thinking cap on and I came up with two great recipes for you and a giveaway that I will have for you on the last day, Sunday. This first recipe is what I created from seeing and eating Original Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken.
This is my version of this delicious appetizer and man did it turn out good. Ken, Amber, and I gobbled it down. I wanted again to give you something for New Year’s Eve!! A different kind of appetizer that can be easily shared while you are standing around sipping and gabbing. This can be easily converted to a dinner. Add some rice and a little stir fry and viola a full meal.
Check out, like, and follow VH sauces for great tips for adding fun and easy new ideas to your everyday menu.
- 1 cup cucumber cut up into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup VH Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 cup tempura or light batter mixed as per package instructions
- 2 chicken breast cut into small chunks
- Salt to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Green onion, green ends only, sliced for garnish
- Heat approx. 2 1/2" oil in a wok until a small piece of bread floats and bubbles.
- Coat chicken pieces in tempura, just enough for one batch at a time, add to oil.
- Remove onto a paper towel-lined plate. Salt to taste coming out of the oil. Continue cooking until all the chicken is done.
- When chicken is done transfer to a large bowl, toss with the VH Thai sauce, cucumber, and chow mein noodles.
- Serve immediately garnished with the green onion.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 194Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 895mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Disclosure – I am participating in the VH Excite Your Dinner blog tour by enCompass Media on behalf of Con Agra Foods. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion.