It is #SundaySupper today at Noshing With The Nolands and the theme is Spring Fling. I love that it is spring now, a whole new set of fresh and wonderful recipes come to mind. I thought of Carrot Cake Cookies as I have never made them before and they look so good. I used a recipe from Cooking Classy and adapted it to make what you see here today. She had decorated hers but mine didn’t seem to present that way, they seemed a bit more rustic in my mind. I thought an easy squiggle of icing would be the way to go. Perfect for a quick and delicious spring cookie. Carrot Cake is one of my favorites.
These cookies are like little slices of cake, soft, moist and taste just like carrot cake.
The cream cheese icing on the top is just the right amount to give you that delicious carrot cake taste too.
The Easter bunny or anyone would be thrilled with these cookies, plus they couldn’t be easier to make. Happy Spring everyone!!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. 2 % milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, set aside.
- Using a standup mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix. Add in 1/2 of the flour then add in the carrots and the pecans. Mix lightly. Add in the remaining flour and mix until just incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
- Spread out silicone liners and with a cookie scoop or Tbsp. spoon out about 1 Tbsp. of cookie dough. Leave spacing of about 2" between cookies. Bake until browning on the edges, but still soft to touch 11-12 min. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 min. Then cool completely on a cooling rack. If not icing immediately then place in a sealed container to prevent them from drying out.
- For the icing. In a standup mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix cream cheese until smooth, about 4 minutes. Mix in icing sugar and salt, add the milk and mix until just combined and smooth. Place into an icing bag and decorate as shown. I used a Wilton #7 tip.
Wanting more spring recipes, well we have loads for you, come on and check them all out!!
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.