Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup
Here is another special Mouth Watering Monday for you, it’s Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup! A guest post that I did over at The Weekend Gourmet and I thought I would share the recipe here with you today.
This soup is a good flu or cold buster as it is packed with nutritious veggies!! Plus it is a great vegetarian option that could easily be turned vegan too!!
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 yam, peeled and sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2-900 ml. chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Fresh grating of nutmeg
- 1 cup half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F. On two rimmed baking sheets place the carrot, parsnips, and onions on one and the yams and sweet potatoes on the other.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min.
- Toss the vegetables and continue to bake until tender and starting to brown 10-15 min. The yams and sweet potatoes may be done first so that is why they were divided.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot add the 1 Tbsp. olive oil and saute the garlic for 1-2 min. until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10 min. Add the vegetables and nutmeg and simmer for 10-15 min. again. Adjust seasoning.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, blend until smooth. Stir in cream and heat until just simmering. Serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 202Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.