Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup
Here is another special Mouth Watering Monday for you. A guest post that I did over at The Weekend Gourmet and I thought I would share the recipe here with you today.
This soup is a good flu or cold buster as it is packed with nutritious veggies!! This is a great vegetarian option that could easily be turned vegan too!!
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 yam, peeled and sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2-900 ml. chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Fresh grating of nutmeg
- 1 cup half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F. On two rimmed baking sheets place the carrot, parsnips and onions on one and the yams and sweet potatoes on the other. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss. Bake in the oven for 20 min. Toss the vegetables and continue to bake until tender and starting to brown 10-15 min. The yams and sweet potatoes may be done first so that is why they were divided.
- Meanwhile in a large pot add the 1 Tbsp. olive oil and saute the garlic for 1-2 min. until fragrant. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10 min. Add the vegetables and nutmeg and simmer for 10-15 min. again. Adjust seasoning. With a hand held immersion blender, blend until smooth. Stir in cream and heat until just simmering. Serve.