Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
I am just jived about my slow cooker this winter, so many fabulous recipes have come out of it recently like this Slow Cooker Apple Crisp! Hey, why can’t a dessert be the next one?
I have bags of apples frozen in my freezer from when my girlfriend Marie brought me a huge bag back in the fall. Nothing I love better than a good apple crisp.
This was lovely warm right out of the crockpot. So super easy with my already peeled and sliced frozen apples too.
I tweaked my already great recipe for apple crisp and loaded it all into the slow cooker. The flavor was rich, sweet, and decadent.
Everything an apple crisp should be. The topping was still crunchy too just like if it was baked in the oven.
With a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, you have an amazing dessert!!
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. dried granulated orange peel (optional)
- 5 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- Mix the topping ingredients together, cutting the butter in. Set aside.
- Whisk together the white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, ginger, and granulated orange peel.
- Toss with the apples. Put the apples into the slow cooker. Pour in the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Place topping ingredients on apples.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 457Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 3g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.