These Cucumber Hummus Bites are the best served icy cold when the weather is hot. Let them warm slightly at room temperature if serving them in other months. They are the perfect combination of fresh, crisp cucumbers with creamy hummus and salty feta to finish.
Hummus bites make the perfect finger food and are a healthy snack too. This appetizer can be added to or changed up a bunch of different ways. Let me show you how!
Want more fun summer appetizers? Try our Watermelon Feta Skewers, fresh, sweet, and salty!
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
Helpful Items For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge to you.
Acacia Wooden Serving Board with Handle
What Goes into Cucumber Hummus Bites?
Some ingredients may not be super familiar to everyone in these healthy appetizers. Hummus is a fantastic dip made from chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice, garlic, and salt. It can also be flavored with other ingredients too.
Some different flavors of hummus are extra garlic (so good with this appetizer), roasted red pepper hummus, roasted pine nut hummus, beet hummus, spinach and artichoke hummus, roasted pine nut hummus, spicy hummus, and more.
Za'atar is a blend of spices from the Middle East that I recently started adding to this recipe. I like the green version as there are many different ways to make this spice blend. The one I like has thyme, wheat, sumac, sesame, and salt. But others can have more herbs like dried oregano and marjoram.
What is Sumac? Sumac is a Middle Eastern spice that is not so common in America yet. It has a lovely citrusy tang that goes great with this recipe also. It is made from the dried red berries of the sumac tree; the berries are ground into a powder. They are a lovely bright red color. Sumac in the Middle East is used on grilled meats, fresh vegetables, and even desserts.
- English cucumber sliced
- Hummus (you can use the original flavor or your favorite flavor)
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Feta cheese crumbled
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Za'atar (optional but I am loving using that now)
How to Make Cucumber Hummus Bites
Easy peasy is the name of the game with this great make-ahead appetizer. I love using just bright red cherry tomatoes or varied colors like shown. Both are gorgeous and eye-catching.
- Wash and dry the cucumber and tomatoes.
- Slice the cucumber in slices, about ¼ inch, and cut the tomato in half
- Spread about 1 tsp of hummus on the cucumber slices.
- Add one-half of tomatoes on top of the hummus on each slice.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I also now like to sprinkle on Za'atar. It gives the Cucumber Hummus Bites just the extra bit of flavor and is so good.
Tips and Tricks
- These little bites will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge, but I like to make them the morning or afternoon of and place them on a platter that I will be serving on. Just before presenting them to my guests, they get a final decoration of parsley, salt, pepper and za'atar.
- To make these a bit different, you can substitute the cucumber slices with endive leaves, large radishes sliced or crackers. If using crackers, then decorate and serve right away.
- Besides all the different flavors of hummus I mentioned above, you can also substitute the hummus with cream cheese or tzatziki.
Pin it HERE!!
Pin it HERE!!
Cucumber Hummus Bites
These little Cucumber Hummus Bites are delicious on a hot day when served cool out of the fridge. They are a great make-ahead appetizer that is scrumptious yet healthy. Fabulous colorful nibble to go along with other appetizers at any party!
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- ½ cup hummus (you can use the original flavor or your favorite flavor)
- 9 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Fresh parsley to Taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash and dry the cucumber and tomatoes.
Slice the cucumber in slices, about ¼ inch, and cut the tomato in half.
Spread about 1 tsp of hummus on the cucumber slices.
Add one-half of tomatoes on top of each slice.
Sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I also now like to sprinkle on Za’atar. It gives the Cucumber Hummus Bites that extra bit of flavor and it is so good.
These little bites will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can substitute the cucumber slices with endive leaves, large radishes sliced, or
You can also substitute the hummus with cream cheese or tzatziki.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
20-ct 13x13 Italian Summer Napkins Fall Napkins Decoupage Napkins Decorative Paper Napkins for Decoupage Disposable Napkins for Dinner Lunch Cocktail Napkins for Mother's Day Father's Day Napkins
BirdRock Home 23” Acacia Wooden Cheese Serving Board with Handle - Party Charcuterie Board for Appetizers Wood Food Kitchen Platter - Bread Meat Fruit Display - Natural - Espresso
OliveNation Zaatar Spice Blend, Authentic Lebanese Dried Seasoning Mix for Middle East Flavor, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan - 8 ounces
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 20Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Leave A Reply!