Finger Lickin’ Chicken Drumettes/Labour Day Cookout #SundaySupper
Here we are with the last long weekend of summer. How did that happen? Well, it has been a quiet one around here, just lots of work chatting with you every day. I loved my summer. Last year I ran the whole time so this was nice for a change. Great to relax and make recipes like these Finger-Lickin’ Chicken Drumettes!!
Amber has enjoyed herself too saying that it was so nice to be just laid back. Ken has taken a few days off here and there but just kind of staying close to home.
Barbequing is almost a daily event like I am sure it is in so many homes. It is quick and easy and serves up some great flavor!! Ken came up with this BBQ sauce and it is dynamite!! Finger-lickin’ good!! So much better than store-bought. Whip some together for this long weekend. It really doesn’t take that long and can be proud of a great sauce to serve your family or friends.
This is my second week at #SundaySupper and I am very happy to be here. A great experience so far with a fabulous group of people. Come and check out all the contributions, we hope we can inspire you to try lots of them. Happy Labor Day Weekend to you all!!
Labor Day Cookout Recipes:
Starters & Snacks
- Lobster Salad with Avocado, Corn, and Tomatoes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Spread by Magnolia Days
- Toast Topper #8: Tomato Confit for #SundaySupper by Yummy Smells
- Honey BBQ Wings and Cool Ranch by Big Bears Wife
- Finger-Lickin’ Chicken Drumettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Baked Shrimp and Pasta Caprese by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Newfangled Cowtown White Chicken Chili by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Kimchi Mom
- Smoked Pork Butt (A How-To) from Juanita’s Cocina
- Portabello Paninis by The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Bloody Mary Skirt Steak by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Tuna and Roasted Pepper Packets by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Mint Marinated Beef Kabobs with Garlic Sauce by Sustainable Dad
- Creamy Latin Style Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Aromatic Glazed Salmon by Happy Baking Days
- Pork sliders by Basic ‘N Delicious
Salads & Sides
- Mom’s Savory Pork’n’Beans by Webicurean
- Ranch Potato Salad by My Catholic Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Penne hot salad with basil, asparagus, cherry tomatoes fresh mozzarella and chicken with a mustard vinegarette for #SundaySupper by Cooking Underwriter
- #SundaySupper Marinated Ginger Chicken & Spinach Salad by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Roasted Potato & Corn Salad w/ Bacon by GirliChef
- Vegan Caprese Salad by Galactosemia in PDX
- Smokin Hot Caribbean Spiced Corn-On-The-Cob by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Potato salad with Stilton and bacon by Tora’s Real Food
- Root Beer Float Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cream Squares by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Fresh Mango Pie by La Cocina De Leslie
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Lemon Blondies by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Strawberry Pie + White Sangria by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Easy Desserts: Frozen Chocolate Bananas by Home Cooking Memories
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake by Comfy Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Whoopie Pies for a Holiday Cookout #SundaySupper by In the Kitchen with KP
- Labor Day Cookout Food And Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat!
We’d also love to feature your Cookout recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers.
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1-2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 lbs. chicken drumettes
- Cajun seasoning
- Add all the BBQ sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Simmer over low heat for 30-40 min. until thickened. Strain through a fine metal sieve if you prefer.
- Heat BBQ to medium low heat. Season chicken with a Cajun seasoning. BBQ for 7-10min. and then turn and BBQ for another 7-10 min. until just about cooked through. Brush top side with BBQ sauce, turn over and brush the other side. Continue to BBQ until sauce is browned slightly. Remove and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 937Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 2818mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 40g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust