This Finnish Pancake is such an easy recipe. No standing over the griddle forever flipping pancakes. Ken is the breakfast guy in this house and he always eats last and by himself as Amber and I have been gratefully served and have gobbled down his awesome pancakes. This is a pancake that you can all eat together.
If you put in room-temperature berries and leave them in the pancake for a few minutes they get warm and yummy. This pancake puffs up in the middle and then collapses so it is perfect to fill with fresh berries. You can serve it with your favorite syrup or just a light dusting of powdered sugar. You will love this one!! It is also so much fun to watch in the oven.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- Berries of your choice at room temperature
- Syrup or powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a whisk until fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients except for the butter, beating continuously.
- Place a cast-iron pan or an ovenproof skillet on the stovetop and melt the butter.
- Pour the batter into the heated cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 min. or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Pour in the washed berries and allow to sit for a few minutes to warm inside the pancake.
- Slice into wedges and serve with a light dusting of powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 458Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 50gProtein: 9g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust