Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers #SundaySupper
For #SundaySupper today we have the theme of Five Ingredients or Less hosted by T.R. Crumbley from Gluten Free Crumbley. For this theme, we are able to use water, salt, pepper, and oil as “freebies” and they do not count as ingredients. I thought of simple Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers. They have few ingredients, huge on taste, and are a little bite that is perfect before a big BBQ meal. I like to serve something like this to start with, not too filling also when you have a lot of other things to serve.
I love adding extra flavor to the cheese. I have done a few of these marinated cheese in the past and they have always been a hit. This one has fresh lemon flavors along with the warm earthy flavor from oregano. The burst of tomato in your mouth finishes off the taste perfectly.
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced (1 tsp. lemon zest and 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 7 oz. feta (I used sheep)
- 24 grape tomatoes
- Cut feta into 24 pieces. Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, olive oil and pepper. Put the feta into a container with a lid and pour over the lemon mixture. Carefully turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Don't let it sit in the oil too long as the oil will set. If this does happen just bring up to room temperature again. When ready to serve, skewer the feta and tomatoes together and serve.
Now, let’s see what everyone else is up to with 5 Ingredients or Less. I can’t wait to visit them all.
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel and Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.