Mini Pizza Calzones
Ken came up with this idea for Mini Pizza Calzones and made these delightful bites for us. I love when he is creating in the kitchen, not only do I get a break but he always makes something so divine. These would be great for lunch, appetizer, kids party, the list goes on and on.
Amber and I loved them and gobbled them down in no time. A real treat, if you love pizza you are going to love these!! ENJOY!!
- Pizza dough, homemade or store bought approx. 1 lb.
- 100 gm. sliced pepperoni, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced yellow pepper
- 5 large mushrooms, finely diced
- 100 gm. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 213 ml. can pizza sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Mix the pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms and mozzarella together in a medium bowl. Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut into 5" rounds making 12-14 rounds.
- Preheat oven to 425F. On each round spread with 1-2 Tbsp. pizza sauce and 1 Tbsp. pepperoni mixture. Pull sides to the top and pinch open edges to form a ball approx. 2-3" round. Oil a cast iron pan with olive oil and place pinched side up. Repeat until pan is full, single layer only.
- Bake for 20 min. Remove from oven and brush with olive oil. Continue to bake for 8-10 min. Cool for 5 min. and then serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping.