Mini Pizza Calzones
Ken came up with this idea for Mini Pizza Calzones and made these delightful bites for us. I love when he is creating in the kitchen, not only do I get a break but he always makes something so divine.
These would be great for lunch, appetizer, kids party, the list goes on and on.
Amber and I loved them and gobbled them down in no time. A real treat, if you love pizza you are going to love these!! ENJOY!!
- Pizza dough, homemade or store-bought approx. 1 lb.
- 100 gm. sliced pepperoni, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced yellow pepper
- 5 large mushrooms, finely diced
- 100 gm. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 213 ml. can pizza sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Mix the pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, and mozzarella together in a medium bowl.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut into 5" rounds making 12-14 rounds.
- Preheat oven to 425F. On each round spread with 1-2 Tbsp. pizza sauce and 1 Tbsp. pepperoni mixture. Pull sides to the top and pinch open edges to form a ball approx. 2-3" round.
- Oil a cast-iron pan with olive oil and place pinched side up. Repeat until pan is full, single layer only.
- Bake for 20 min. Remove from oven and brush with olive oil.
- Continue to bake for 8-10 min. Cool for 5 min. and then serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 160Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.