Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce
for Autumn Apple Party for #SundaySupper
Here we are at Sunday again and I am so happy to be part of #SundaySupper with this Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce. What a great group of people, so supportive of one another. I love it!! I was excited to see apples as one of the events. One of our favorite fruits, we always have apples in our fruit bowl. Granny Smiths and Galas are our picks!
The apple is a very versatile fruit that can be made into so many different dishes from savory to sweet. I chose an apple crisp that I have made a hundred times. I love this and it is perfect for autumn which is my favorite time of year. From now until New Year’s it is all fun, fun, fun!!
I bumped up the crisp this time with a gorgeously rich and dark caramel sauce and a creamy vanilla ice cream. The perfect dessert to warm your insides when the outdoors are getting cooler. I hope you enjoy this recipe, it has already been shared many times!!
- 5 cups tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, quick-cooking
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F. To make the crisp place the apple slices in a buttered 9-10" pie plate. Mix brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Lightly press over the apples. Bake for 45-50 min. until lightly browned.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the brown sugar until incorporated. Slowly stir in the cream. Bring the sauce up to a boil and let boil for 3 min. stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Let cool. Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve the crisp warm or at room temperature with the warmed caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 551Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 4g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Here’s our Autumn Apple Party Menu for Sunday Supper! Stop by our #SundaySupper Contributor’s websites for great apple ideas!
Soups, Salads, Starters, and Bread
- Cinnamon Apple Chips- Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Apple Pumpkin Pancakes – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast- In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Apple and Leek Soup-Soni’s Food for Thought
- Endive Spears Topped With Apple, Blue Cheese and Hazelnut Salad- The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Homemade Apple Jam – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip- Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel Apple Bread – famfriendsfood
- Apple, Bacon & Brie Popovers- I Run for Wine
- Apple, Leek and Gruyere Tarts- There and Back Again
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples, and Dumplings)- Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Apple Meatloaf with Tarragon Tomato Sauce – Diabetic Foodie
- Baked Tilapia Apple Crisp- Daddy Knows Less
- Pork Tenderloin with Calvados Cream Sauce Sustainable Dad
- #SundaySupper Pulled Pork Sandwich With Pickled Red Onions Kwistin’s Favorites
- Harvest Rice- Webicurean
- Apple Topped Sweet Potato Mash- Momma’s Meals
- Warm Spice Pecan Raisin Apple Chutney- Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Double Apple Pot Pie- What Smells So Good?
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake- The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Streusel Cobbler- Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Pear Kuchen for #SundaySupper (Apfel Birnen Kuchen)- Galactosemia in PDX
- Apple Strudel – Magnolia Days
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce-Noshing with the Nolands
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars- Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting- From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Cinnamon Apple Dessert Chimichangas- Juanita’s Cocina
- Nutella Apple Quesadilla- Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Streusel Apple Crumb Pie + Pie Freezer Kits- Meal Planning Magic
- French Apple Cobbler with Cinnamon-Maple Whipped Cream Weekend Gourmet
- Chunky Apple-Apricot Bread Pudding- Comfy Cuisine
- Apple Butter Spice Cake – Home Cooking Memories
- Country Apple Dumplings- Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Apple-Gingersnap Cookies- Tora’s Real Food
- Apple and Cranberry Turnovers- Flour on my Face
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze- Hip Foodie Mom
- Caramel Frosted Apple Cookies- No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Apple and Pecans Cake- Basic N Delicious
- Apple Pull-Apart Monkey Bread- Gotta Get Baked
- Apple Chia Tea- Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite apple recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!