Spicy Pickled Caesar
I have been asked to participate in a contest for Mott’s Clamato so I created this Spicy Pickled Caesar for entertaining tips for the holidays. Entertaining is a passion and we will be having Thanksgiving here as we normally do and wow, that is just around the corner. I looooove Mott’s Clamato. Having a Caesar is a real treat. The second I see their commercial on TV I instantly want one.
That spicy, salty, slightly briny concoction has been near and dear to my heart forever. Any way you serve them is good for me! Virgin or cocked and loaded!! I have had them with pickled spicy beans, asparagus, onions, olives, celery and have loved them all. I wanted to come up with something that was completely different.
Something that I hadn’t had before. I thought of our lovely homemade pickles in the basement that they would be just right for the picking as they have been in the cellar for over a month now.
Wow, did this turn out great!!! Ken was leery about the tequila in the Caesar but it was perfect with the pickles. They married exactly how I imagined them. This is a great fall drink and perfect for entertaining. Try one, maybe two on for size!!
- 1 oz. tequila
- 3 dashes Tabasco, or to taste
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 oz. spicy pickle juice
- Mott's extra spicy clamato
- 1 spicy pickle, sliced
- celery salt
- Rub a lime or spicy pickle around the rim of a cocktail glass and dip the rim into celery salt. Fill the glass with ice. Pour in the tequila, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and pickle juice. Fill the glass with the Mott's Clamato and top with a slice of the spicy pickle and garnish the side of the glass, if you like, with a pickle slice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 166Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2619mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.