Paprika Chicken for #WeekdaySupper
Today I give you an easy Paprika Chicken for #WeekdaySupper meal that you can also put your feet up and read a magazine while it cooks.
Easy, quick prep, and time to relax also. What could be better!! You’re tired when you get home from either working or running and then there is the family to feed.
#WeekdaySuppers are here to help you with that problem.
This dish is an easy chicken recipe that I have done for years!! It is delicious with yummy sour cream gravy.
They will think that you were really fussed but don’t tell them you were relaxing while it was cooking, they never need to know. ENJOY!!
- 4 chicken breast
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
Sour Cream Gravy
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together.
- Coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Brown in the butter.
- Turn the heat to low and add the water, onions, and paprika. Cover tightly, simmer 45 min. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- For the sour cream gravy blend the flour and salt together in the pan juices, let cook for 1-2 min.
- Add the milk and sour cream and stir to combine. Continue to stir until heated and thickened.
- Pour over the chicken. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a simple veggie.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 436Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Here are more #WeekdaySuppers for you to enjoy from this week!!
- Monday – Hip Foodie Mon – Fresh Asian Noodle Bow
- Tuesday – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – Easy Individual Chicken Pot Pies with a Cauliflower Crust
- Wednesday – No One Likes Crumbley Cookies – Grilled Ginger Pork with Asian Slaw
- Thursday – Noshing With The Nolands – Paprika Chicken