This Poinsettia Drink (A Champagne Cocktail) is light and festive and perfect for holiday celebrations.
Helpful Items for This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
What is Poinsettia Drink
Poinsettia Drink is a cocktail made up with a mixture of an orange liqueur and cranberry juice with a sparkling wine like champagne or prosecco. You can add in Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or Triple for the orange liqueur.
It is named after the very popular Christmas plant, the poinsettia. I have no idea of its origins, but that is okay to just enjoy it and not care also, LOL!
I had this for the first time on a train going out to the Grand Canyon. It was served in the morning as a mimosa (orange juice and champagne) would be, and instantly it was a hit with me! The mixture of Cointreau and cranberry juice is a real winner.
It has been on my mind since and I had to share it with you! It would make a great brunch cocktail also!!
Orange Liquor (Cointreau, Triple Sec, Grand Marnier)
Cranberry juice or Cranberry juice cocktail
Bottle of Champagne or Prosecco
Orange peel and frozen cranberries
How to Make a Poinsettia Champagne Drink
- To make this cocktail or drink it is very easy, so you will love sharing these with your friends and family too.
- In a tall champagne flute or tall wine glass, pour in the orange liquor and the cranberry juice.
- Stir gently with a bartender’s spoon or long spoon.
- Fill the glass with prosecco or champagne to the top.
- Garnish with a slice of orange peel and add a few frozen cranberries to the glass.
How To Make an Orange Twist
Cut a long skinny slice of peel from an orange, including some of the pith also.
Wind the orange slice around a skewer, pencil, etc., depending on how tight you would like the curl.
The fruit will maintain the curl on its own. It is as easy as that.
What Alcohol Goes Well With Champagne?
Alcohols that go well with champagne are vodka, gin, rum, brandy and cognac. There are a multitude of liqueurs you can also add like the orange variety we have added to the cocktail today but you could also add Chambord or any berry liqueur.
A simple addition of Chambord or Creme de Cassis to champagne makes another gorgeous holiday libation called the Kir Royale. Experiment to see what you like the best with your champagne or prosecco.
Here are a few other great recipes for holiday drinks. The first one is very simple again and uses champagne or prosecco too! There is also a roundup of festive cocktails for you to see more.
Pin it HERE!!
Pin it HERE!!
- ½ ounce Orange Liquor
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Top up with Prosecco or Champagne
- Garnish with an orange peel and frozen cranberries
1. In a tall champagne flute, pour in the orange liquor and the cranberry juice.
2. Stir gently with a bartender's spoon or long spoon.
3. Fill the glass with prosecco or champagne to the top.
4. Garnish with a slice of orange peel and add a few frozen cranberries to the glass.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bamboo Cocktail Picks Bamboo Skewers Food Picks 4.7 Inch Toothpicks with Handmade Design Skewers for Party Fruit and Food Snacks (Tree, 300)
Santa Napkins Funny Christmas Napkins Paper Cute Fun Holiday Party Napkin 40 Pack, Disposable 6.5 Inches Dinner Parties, Cocktail, Luncheon, Lunch Buffet, Appetizer, Dessert
GoodGlassware Champagne Flutes (Set Of 4) 8.5 oz – Tall, Crystal Clear Clarity, Classic and Seamless Tower Design - Lead Free Glass, Dishwasher Safe, Quality Sparkling Wine Stemware Set