I have a post for Little Potato Company for you today. Almost every hearty stew or soup that I make has potatoes in it. It wouldn’t be the same with out them, so in making this scrumptious Slow Cooker Goulash Soup with Dumplings I added in lots of Little Potato Company’s potatoes. They are so easy to work with as they are already washed and so easy to cut up into little chunks as opposed to their large potato cousins! I love working with them for so many dishes.
This soup is full on flavor, besides loads of Little Potato Company potatoes there is beef, onion, garlic, lots of paprika, tomatoes, beef stock, oregano, carrots, red pepper, mushrooms and more! All topped off with little floating herb dumplings. The potatoes make it a hearty meal for me. Something that will keep you full all evening and not wanting to grab a snack later either. Everyone in your family will love this for a great fall and winter meal that is done easily in the slow cooker.
Creamer potatoes are a deliciously healthy way to add to add hardiness to any soup. They are plenty of reasons to add little potatoes to you diet as they have 0 grams of sodium, cholesterol or fat. One serving has more potassium than a banana. They have 10% of your daily Vitamin C requirements per serving and are naturally gluten free. They kind of get forgotten as a vegetable so here is a cute little video to remind you!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ lbs. stewing beef, fat removed and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes
- 50 oz. beef broth
- Large sprig oregano
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1½ lbs. Blushing Belle Little Potato Company potatoes
- 10 mushrooms, large diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour plus more for rolling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Sea salt, to taste plus more for water
- Saute meat until browned in the olive oil in a large saute pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the slow cooker along with the onion, garlic, paprika, and tomato paste. Stir well to coat the meat. Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Adjust seasoning.
- To make the dumplings, mix all the ingredients well in a bowl to form a firm dough. Gently roll out into ¾" rope and cut into ½" lengths. Boil in salted water for 10 min. Add a few to each soup bowl when serving.