Egg White Frittata (Kale, Goat Cheese, and Mushrooms)
Helpful Items for This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
What is an egg white frittata?
How to make an egg white frittata?
Are egg whites good for you?
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 10 egg whites
- 1 cup of kale, packed
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk (or heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 450F.
- Chop the onion. In an oven proof pan, on medium low on the stove, pour the olive oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until transparent.
- With a wet paper towel, clean the top of the mushrooms and trim the stems. Slice them up and add them the pan. Cook them for 4-5 minutes (see pictures in the post).
- Wash and chop the kale. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack and pour only the egg whites into the bowl. Whisk until the whites are fluffy. Pour in the milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Spread kale in the pan.
- Pour your egg whites and milk combo on top.
- Place big chunks of goat cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until your eggs are no longer runny.
Please refer to the notes in the post as it might help you if you are missing an ingredient.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.