Egg White Frittata (Kale, Goat Cheese, and Mushrooms)
Helpful Items for This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
What is an egg white frittata?
How to make an egg white frittata?
Are egg whites good for you?
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 10 egg whites
- 1 cup of kale, packed
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk (or heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Chop the onion. In an oven-proof pan, on medium-low on the stove, pour the olive oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until transparent.
- With a wet paper towel, clean the top of the mushrooms and trim the stems. Slice them up and add them to the pan. Cook them for 4-5 minutes (see pictures in the post). If the mushrooms are large you may need to cut the slices in half to better fit in your pan.
- Wash and chop the kale. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack and pour only the egg whites into the bowl. Whisk until the whites are fluffy. Pour in the milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Spread kale in the pan.
- Pour your egg whites and milk combo on top.
- Place big chunks of goat cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until your eggs are no longer runny.
Please refer to the notes in the post as it might help you if you are missing an ingredient.
If you prefer you can buy egg whites rather than using whole eggs. They usually are found in the dairy section of your grocery store.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.