Egg White Frittata (Kale, Goat Cheese, and Mushrooms)
Helpful Items for This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
T-fal Ingenio Gourmet (Frying Pan with Detachable Handle)
What is an egg white frittata?
How to make an egg white frittata?
Are egg whites good for you?
Egg White Frittata (Kale, Goat Cheese and Mushrooms)
This nutritious egg white frittata is going to wake up your taste buds! Made with healthy ingredients such as the egg whites, kale and mushrooms, the goat cheese is the extra flavour that brings it all together.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 10 egg whites
- 1 cup of kale, packed
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk (or heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Chop the onion. In an oven-proof pan, on medium-low on the stove, pour the olive oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until transparent.
- With a wet paper towel, clean the top of the mushrooms and trim the stems. Slice them up and add them to the pan. Cook them for 4-5 minutes (see pictures in the post). If the mushrooms are large you may need to cut the slices in half to better fit in your pan.
- Wash and chop the kale. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack and pour only the egg whites into the bowl. Whisk until the whites are fluffy. Pour in the milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Spread kale in the pan.
- Pour your egg whites and milk combo on top.
- Place big chunks of goat cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until your eggs are no longer runny.
Please refer to the notes in the post as it might help you if you are missing an ingredient.
If you prefer you can buy egg whites rather than using whole eggs. They usually are found in the dairy section of your grocery store.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Comments & Reviews
This sounds so delicious! I love all the great flavors here, and I love how healthy it is, as well. It’s a great way to start the day.
This sounds amazing. It’s been so long since I’ve had frittata. I really need to try this. I think it’s perfect for breakfast too.
It’s been a little while since I’ve made a frittata. I can’t wait to try this one!
Shelley R Zurek says
I love the addition of the portabello mushroom. They taste so much like meat in this situation.
This fritatta looks so good!!! The goat cheese seems like the perfect touch.
This looks amazing! YUM, definitely trying this breakfast recipe this weekend!
A yummy and rich frittata like this one is the best way to start or end a day. W make frittata very often for dinne. I should try this one.
Gervin Khan says
First time to hear about Frittata and this recipe looks really good and tasty. I will definitely try this, thank you!