Today’s #SundaySupper is a Squash Fest. This is perfect for late summer as I had big gorgeous zucchini growing in the backyard. I have made this Zucchini Cheese Soup many many times. The recipe is written out by my mother on a scrape piece of paper and was given to her by her friend Kathrine many many years ago. Katherine is married to a French man named Francois and that is where this recipe originated, France. It is a very simple soup that highlights zucchini perfectly.
This French soup is a favorite with children in France. It is called La Vache Qui Rit Soup in France, The Laughing Cow. I think I have made it every late summer for as long as I can remember. You can serve it with a crusty bun or a little light garlic toast. Add a big side salad and you have a delicious vegetarian meal.
You usually use a broth for soup but this one is just water which is different. I don’t think I would like it with broth, it is such a delicate soup, the stock would be over bearing then.
Zucchini Cheese Soup
- 8 cups large diced zucchini
- 1 large garlic clove, slightly crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 triangles of plain soft white processed cheese, The Laughing Cow, La Vache Qui Rit
- Place zucchini and garlic in a pot and just cover with water. Simmer until very tender, 15 min. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a handheld mixer blend until smooth. Add the cheese and blend again. Let the froth subside and serve hot.
I am so looking forward to all the wonderful recipes we have here today. I love all kinds of squash and they are so perfect for fall, really good nutritious comfort food!!
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie in a Glass from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini Pancakes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Pickles & Relish:
Soups & Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini from La Cocina de Leslie
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Risotto with Butternut Squash, Chicken and Sage from Cooking Chat
- Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha no Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Delicata Squash and Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler with Cornbread Topping from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Buns with Cookie Butter Glaze from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.