I am excited that is it #BundtBakers time again. I had to join in on this one with a delicious Chocolate Zucchini Bundt for the theme of Autumn Harvest. Due to a very early and huge snowfal everything from our our gardens was pulled out, including our zucchini. Last year I made chocolate zucchini bread and it was a huge hit. So this year I thought I would take those two ingredients to a new level and make a bundt with them.
Rich, moist and full of one pound of zucchini that you would never know is there. Why add the zucchini at all? Well, it is a healthy way to get some veggies in but it adds such fantastic moisture to your bundt with little calories!
Not that we are really counting calories when eating cake, especially with this out of this world fudgy chocolate glaze on top!!
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 sour cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F, coat a bundt pan with cooking spray and then flour. Invert and bang to remove excess flour.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. set aside
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer with a paddle attachment cream together sugars and butter, add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition, add sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients 1/2 a cup at a time and mix well, then fold in zucchini.
- Pour mixture into prepared bundt pan and bake 45 - 50 mins. or until cake tester comes out clean.
- allow to cool in pan for 15 mins. invert onto wire rack and let cool.
- For the glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat, remove from heat and add chocolate chips and stir until melted, add the corn syrup and vanilla, immediately pour glaze over the cake allowing it to run down the sides.
- Allow glaze to cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake and Five Heart Home
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/bundtbakers/ Links are also updated after each event on the BundtBaker home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/bundtbakers.html
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Look at all the amazing bundts to celebrate Harvest, come and visit them ALL!!!
- Applesauce Cranberry Bundt Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Applesauce Spice Bundt Cake by Caro at En la Cocina de Caro
- Applesauce Walnut Raisin Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Carrot Bundt Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Cassie at Cassie’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt by Tara at Noshing with the Nolands
- Fig and Caramelized Walnut Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Harvest Bundt Cake by Tammy at Living the Gourmet
- Old Fashioned Kushaw Bundt by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Pumpkin and Apple Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Bundt Cake by Aisha at La Cocina de Aisha
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Pomegranate Syrup by Patricia at Patty’s Cake
- Pumpkin Espresso Bundt by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Sherried Pumpkin Bundtlettes by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spiced Harvest Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Sweet Potato Brioche Bread by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sweet Potato Pecan Spice Cake with Toasted Pecan Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake by Terri at Love and Confections