It is Mother’s Day today and I am firmly planted in bed awaiting my breakfast!! This is one treat that I so enjoy and look forward to. A nice magazine and maybe a nap afterwards, HEAVEN!! This is my day to relax and enjoy and that doesn’t happen very often. Today’s recipe, Blueberry Breakfast Cake is one that a child can make. So easy yet incredibly delicious!! You don’t even need to dirty a mixer, all is simply mixed by hand.
Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used for this recipe. They are just laid onto the bottom of dish and the batter is poured over.
I have been intrigued about how a dump cake would turn out or a spoon cake. Two cakes I have not made before. Looking up dump cake, most of them used a cake mix and canned fruit. I had gorgeous blueberries from last season in the freezer, so I wanted to use those. I also made an easy cake from scratch.
The cake turned out light and fluffy and then blueberry bottom was perfect, it cooked up into the cake so with each bite you receive a fresh burst of blueberries.
This really is a piece of cake to make and enjoy. I wanted something super easy for Mother’s Day and I think I hit the nail on the head with this recipe. My family couldn’t get enough of it. Amber in particular has been raving over it. She adores blueberries!!
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray. Lay the blueberries in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add milk, melted butter and eggs and with a wooden spoon mix well. Pour batter over blueberries. Sprinkle top with the Tbsp. of sugar. Bake for 40-45 min. or until golden and cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from Add a Pinch.
Look at all the wonderful recipes to celebrate Mother’s Day with, come and check them all out!!
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
Treats and Sweets
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.