Creamsicle Orange Bundt Cake
Mother’s Day is fast approaching now as it is on May 12!! Do you have plans already? Going out for brunch or preparing mom a nice brunch, lunch or dinner at home? For the celebration mom would love this Creamsicle Orange Bundt Cake either way!!
I have been dreaming about this delicious version of a bundt cake for a long time now. I have loved the flavor combination of a Creamsicle ever since I was a child.
Today, I not only have an amazing dessert for you for Mother’s Day but an awesome giveaway too. Come and see all the amazing bloggers that have contributed to make this giveaway happen. You will want to follow them all. Good luck!!
Look at this stunning Creamsicle Orange Bundt Cake!! We love making bundts at Noshing With The Nolands and have made many in the past. Probably my top bundt would be a Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake.
It has been a hit for years. I used to bake a bundt once a month when I belonged to a couple of bundt groups where we shared our lovely creations. I have missed baking them and never mind indulging in them!!
Helpful Items for this Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
A bundt cake is easy to make and with some easy prep and a good pan I have not had one stick yet. This cake is luscious and moist and has a perfect crumb. A good bundt cake has to have a thicker batter in my opinion and this one is just perfect.
Bundt cakes became popular in the 1950’s and 1960’s when Nordic Ware trademarked the bundt pan and made them out of cast aluminum. They have continued in popularity with more and more cake pan designs coming out.
Bundt cakes are easy to make, require little to no frosting and simple decorations. Most of them just have an easy glaze on them.
The creamsicle bundt we did a little bit different though and added more of a thick frosting piped on in a simple looping pattern. This gives the cream to the creamsicle.
Concentrated frozen (and then thawed) orange juice gives this cake a nice hit of citrus. Adding in some orange zest and orange extract gives it that needed upped flavor kick.
Don’t use too much extract or zest though as both of these can leave a bitter orange taste. It was nicely balanced with the amount we used.
This is an eggy cake with 5 whole eggs in it, so having a thick batter is okay as the eggs plus the baking soda and baking powder will help it rise beautifully.
Now don’t forget the giveaway, scroll down to the bottom to enter!! Good luck everyone!!
Creamsicle Orange Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened and more for pan
- 3 cups flour, more for dusting the pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 box (100 gm.) vanilla pudding mix
- 2 oranges zested (one for decoration) plus more for slices to decorate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 can frozen orange concentrate, thawed
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 10 drops orange food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Melt 1-2 Tbsp. of butter and paint the bundt pan with the melted butter. Add flour and cover all sides. Bang out excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder, salt and orange zest from one orange, whisk together.
- Using a standup mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Mix in orange juice, orange extract and orange food coloring if using.
- Alternatively add the flour and sour cream, starting and ending with the flour in three batches and the sour cream in two. Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake for 55-60 min. or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool in the pan for 30 min. and then remove carefully onto a rack to cool completely. Cake will keep well for up to 3 days wrapped in plastic wrap.
- For the icing, mix together the butter and cream cheese in a standup mixer with a paddle attachment and whip until creamy. On low add the extract and the icing sugar. Add the cream to get the right consistency to ice. Place the icing in a decorating bag with a #6PT icing tip. Ice using long loops. Decorate with orange zest and orange slices.
- Refrigerate if making ahead of time but bring to room temperature before serving.
Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Anniversary Bundt Pan
Nordic Ware Pro Cast Original Bundt Pan, 12 Cup
Anchor Hocking 86031L13 Ribbed Dome Cake Set Crystal
Wilton Cake Carrier and Server with Locking Lid
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 688 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 691mg Carbohydrates: 101g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 71g Protein: 8g
Now on to the giveaway!
We are so excited to be giving away $410 in gift cards for Mother’s Day to three lucky readers. The giveaway will run from April 26th – May 10th.
The prizes are:
- 1 – $200 gift card
- 1 – $105 gift card
- 1 – $105 gift card
Each winner will choose the gift card you want. Please choose a gift card which comes from an online store and can be paid by US dollars. EX: Amazon, Target, Walmart, Macy’s, Kohls, etc. You may ask for more than one gift card but must add up to your prize amount.
Now its time to meet our co-hosts who have made this giveaway possible.
Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom | Mary at Real Girl’s Realm | Dana at Create To Donate | Marie at The Inspiration Vault | Debi at Life Currents | Meredith at The Mom of the Year by Meredith Spidel | Audrey at That Recipe and Munofore | Tammy at Creative K Kids | Kellyann at This Blonde’s Shopping Bag | Michelle at Our Crafty Mom | Leslie at Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After | Kristin at White Arrows Home | Penny at Penny’s Passion | Mary at Dine Dream Discover | Trish at By Trish Sutton | Lisa at Coast to Coast | Janelle at Num’s the Word | Tara at Noshing With The Nolands | Emily at Domestic Deadline | Linda at A Labour of Life | Gladys at Moms to Grandmas | Habiba at Craftify My Love | Sinea at Ducks ‘n a Row | Nancy at Nancy On The Home Front | Heather at The Super Mom Life | Jodie at Jodie’s Touch of Style | Terri at Our Good Life | Beverly at Eclectic Red Barn | Tammy at My Life Abundant
Please stop by and say hi to these wonderful co-hosts and their blogs.
The giveaway will end midnight on Friday, May 11th, a few days before Mother’s Day. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email claiming their prize. If we don’t hear in 48 hours, we will choose another winner. The giveaway is open to anyone over 18 years of age and able to receive e-gift cards from the U.S.
a Rafflecopter giveaway