Pineapple Coconut Cherry Dream Bars
We have a big hit on our hands with Rhubarb Dream Bars so I decided to make Pineapple Coconut Cherry Dream Bars. All of these flavors are wonderful together and the cherry adds the right touch of colour!! Bars are a very easy dessert and I like the size too, not a huge portion to serve at the end of a meal.
They are pretty luscious looking aren’t they?!! You can stick your hand right in and grab one if you like. Don’t you wish it was that easy but the next best thing is that you can have these easy Pineapple Coconut Cherry Dream Bars whipped up in no time at all!
Cookie crust bottom and then a topping of pineapple, cherries, coconut and walnuts too. Nuts make a dessert for me like this, got to have them in.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour, divided
- 1 -8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and 1/3 cup of sugar. Add in the 1 cup flour and mix with a fork until crumbly. Place the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13" pan and pat out evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 min. or until golden. Remove to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs to a large bowl and beat well; add in the 2/3 cup sugar and the vanilla and mix well. In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, baking powder, remaining 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add this to the egg mixture. Carefully fold in the pineapple, coconut, nuts and cherries. Spread over the baked and slightly cooled crust. Bake for 30 min. Cool completely on a rack and then cut into squares.