Pineapple Coconut Cherry Dream Bars are a delicious square that is scrumptious for the holidays. All of these flavors are wonderful together, and the cherry adds the right touch of color!! Bars are a very easy dessert and I like the size, too, not a huge portion to serve at the end of a meal.
We have a big hit on our hands with Rhubarb Dream Bars, but in the fall, you may like to try our Pecan Magic Pumpkin Bars; they are a sure-fire hit! Or at holiday time, try our Scrumptious Turtle Bars too.
They are pretty luscious looking, aren’t they?!! You can stick your hand right in and grab one if you like. Don’t you wish it was that easy? The best thing is that you can have these easy Pineapple Coconut Cherry Dream Bars whipped up in no time at all!
What Goes into these Dream Bars?
Super easy ingredients for the bar recipe. Super delicious results!
Crushed pineapple, drained well
Maraschino cherries, chopped
How to Make Dream Bars
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and 1/3 cups sugar and mix. Add 1 cup of flour and mix with a fork until crumbly.
Place the mixture in a 9 x 13″ pan and pat it out evenly to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
While the crust is baking, you can prepare the topping. In a large bowl, add the eggs and beat well. Add 2/3 cup of sugar and the vanilla, and mix well. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Carefully fold in the pineapple, coconut, nuts, and cherries. Evenly spread over the slightly cooled crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack. When completely cooled, cut into 24 equal size squares.
With a cookie crust bottom and a topping of pineapple, cherries, coconut, and walnuts, what’s not to love? I think you need to make these squares today, don’t you?
Pin it HERE!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 -8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and 1/3 cup of sugar. Add in the 1 cup flour and mix with a fork until crumbly. Place the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13" pan and pat out evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 min. or until golden. Remove to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs to a large bowl and beat well; add in the 2/3 cup sugar and the vanilla and mix well. In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, baking powder, remaining 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add this to the egg mixture. Carefully fold in the pineapple, coconut, nuts and cherries. Spread over the baked and slightly cooled crust. Bake for 30 min. Cool completely on a rack and then cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 167Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.