Here is a lovely Pork Tenderloin dinner that you can make for that special person in your life Valentine’s Day. It is easy to pull together but tastes like you spent the day in the kitchen!
The apple, bacon and pork go so well together. it is very delicious!!
- One pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch medallions
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 med. celery root
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 strips of bacon
- Cook bacon until slightly crisp and set aside.
- Peel the celery root and cut into matchsticks.
- Cut the apple into strips. Combine the two in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together shallots, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly until combined.
- Add tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over apple and celery root mixture and toss to combine.
- Place salad on individual plates or on a platter.
- Cover the medallions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill pan on medium heat and grill tenderloin 4-5 min. per side.
- Place tenderloin on top of salad and top with crumbled bacon
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 336Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g