Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Cooking with Little Potato Company’s Creamer potatoes is always so easy. That is why we use them all the time! I have been on a tapas kick lately and so enjoying these Patatas Bravas. I love how simple they are to make with pre-washed and ready to go whole Little Potatoes. Patatas Bravas means spicy potatoes and these we have made so many times now.
The first time I had them was at a restaurant in Seattle called Tango Restaurant when we visited in February. They left a lasting impression on me and I have made them three times now, creating my own recipe.
These are simple to make by just roasting up gorgeous Creamer potatoes, making a simple aioli and a simple tomato sauce. You will then have a dish that is memorable for you too!
All Little Potatoes are packed fresh, their thin skin means no peeling required, and consistent size makes for even cooking time. They are a busy mom’s dream to use! Plus you can rest assured that you are giving your family great nutrition.
Creamer potatoes are easy to use, just a quick empty of the bag onto a baking sheet. A drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt gives you the very start of this recipe.
The Boomer Gold that I used are the perfect size for an appetizer or tapas dish like this.
While the potatoes roast to perfection in 30 minutes, you can make your tomato sauce and have it simmer until thickened in the same time.
And then a simple aioli can be whisked up and placed into a squirt bottle if desired for easy drizzling!
What is left over can then be stored in the refrigerator for later use, as this will last for a week or two.
Now that the potatoes are tender and roasted to a golden perfection, you can then assemble your dish!
Fill a serving dish with some of the tomato sauce, and adding in the hot Little Potatoes along with a drizzle of the aioli and sprinkle of the parsley, will have you now ready to serve this amazing dish!!
Do You Like It Spicy?
You can make the sauce as spicy as you like! Just add in more or less of the crushed red chili peppers. The 1/4 tsp. gives a little heat but nothing crazy!! I love the smoky flavor from the smoked paprika, so delicious!
Did you know that Little Potatoes are high in nutrition?
Per serving they have:
6% Vitamin C
And are gluten free! All in your daily intake per serving!
Pass the aioli around as people may want to add on more to their liking. It is the perfect condiment to these scrumptious potatoes.
Whip up some delightful Marinated Red Peppers with some bread and you have a complete meal in no time. One that will elevate that ho hum dinner to a completely new level and it is all vegetarian too! But these potatoes would do wonders to a great steak also!
- 1.5 lbs Little Potato Company's Boomer Gold variety
- 4 Tbsp. Spanish olive oil or Italian
- Kosher salt
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes or good quality tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. each smoked paprika, sweet paprika, and salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. sugar or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour on 2 Tbsp. olive oil and season generously with Kosher salt. Roast for 30 min. or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat and saute garlic. Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 min. stirring and breaking up tomatoes. Add in the smoked paprika, sweet paprika, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook and reduce to thicken while potatoes roast.
- While the sauce is cooking and the potatoes are roasting whisk the aioli ingredients together. Place in a squeeze bottle if available and refrigerate.
- Serve the potatoes over the tomato sauce with the aioli drizzled on and add the parsley as a garnish.