I initially shared this post when I did, Enjoying a Family Dinner with Canadian Beef. So many people raved over the recipe but I didn’t include it in that post. So, today I am sharing with you the recipe for Supreme Steak. For me, a beef dinner doesn’t have to be a massive steak taking up most of my plate. I also really like a great topping and sharing two steaks between the three of us seems like the perfect amount for us. We all get enough and it is so enjoyed.
We have made this recipe a few times now and served it to company too. It is extremely simple but ups the usual steak dinner to a new level. The tomato topping is a gorgeous medley of flavors. The recipe I initially saw was from Sobey’s but we always do a little tweaking. Serve it with our simple yet delicious Creamy Mushroom Orzo for a complete meal.
Steak is easy to cook on the BBQ and you get maximum flavor with just a few simple ingredients, like fresh herbs. For us, we grow fresh herbs all summer long. They are easy to take care of and save us a bunch of money as we love using them in so many dishes. You then can get creative with mixing and matching herbs and really use them to their full potential.
The blistered tomato topping adds so much to the already magnificent beef. So simple to make and you can whip this up while the steak is resting. Plus for kids it is another way to sneak in some more veggies.
Everyone will be diving into this dinner. In addition to the deliciousness, it also looks like a celebration!! Most of all, get some Canadian Beef on your table, your family will be loving you for it!!
A Supreme Steak dinner is served up simply with the freshness of summer herbs and tomatoes.
- 2 (8-10oz) Canadian Beef strip loin steaks or steak of your preference
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups different coloured tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. pesto
- In a small bowl add in the garlic, herbs, olive oil and salt and pepper, mix well. Rub this mixture onto the steaks and set aside.
- Preheat the BBQ to high. Grill the beef on medium high heat for 5 min. per side or until desired doneness. Depending on the thickness of the steak, it should be medium rare at this point. Remove the steaks to a plate to rest.
- Meanwhile heat a medium sized cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add the tomatoes and stir and toss for 2 min. Add in the garlic and the pesto and continue cooking for 2-3 min. Add the basil and serve the pan on the board with the sliced steak for everyone to enjoy!
Comments & Reviews
That looks so good it should be illegal. We have some steaks in the house but I am pretty sure they’re nothing like these.
Tara Noland says
LOL, and so easy to do!!
I have such a soft spot for steak. I mean, I think I am more of a steak and potatoes person than hubby is. A good steak, just fills the belly.
Lisa Favre says
All of the veggies slathered on that steak… it’s totally making my mouth water. This looks absolutely delicious!!
Cathi Crismon says
Oh my goodness! I have to share this recipe with my daughter-in-law. My son and his family would love it and I know Mindi would enjoy making it too.
This recipe looks amazing. Steak is one of my favorite meats too. I’m always looking for new ways to make some great recipes with steak.
Steak is my most favorite thing! There are so many different ways to cook it. Yummy!
We love steak at least once a week. I like to change it up for new favorite.
Vera Sweeney says
This recipe looks so good!!! I love a good steak for dinner!
I love steak! This recipe looks perfect for a summer dinner outside on the patio.
This is by far one of the best steak recipes I have seen yet, I must try this. Steak really makes for a good dinner meal!
Autumn @Mamachallenge says
That looks delicious! My husband would love this for dinner one night.
Carl in Boston says
MR (i prefer R) steak, with scorched tomatoes. Did I need a recipe?
Tara Noland says
Not sure if you do or not but here is one for you!