Asian Lettuce Wraps for #WeekdaySupper
#WeekdaySupper needs to be done in a hurry but you don’t want to compromise flavor!! Try these delicious and easy wraps for your next meal. Your family will love you for it!!
I love the continuous crunch of these wraps from lettuce, peanuts, water chestnuts, and crunchy Asian noodles and so will your family. A meal all wrapped up in a healthy lettuce leaf!! ENJOY!!!
These Asian Lettuce Wraps will satisfy the hungriest of a family member and you can be out the door again for your next event!! Prep some of the items ahead of time for an even faster stir fry. ENJOY!!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups Chinese style crunchy noodles
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp. garlic paste, or 1-2 cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 each red and yellow pepper, diced
- 250 gm. can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups mushrooms, slivered
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Prepare lettuce by unwrapping leaves and washing and drying. Add 1 Tbsp of the oil to a wok and heat, add garlic for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the chicken and cook through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the onions, peppers, chestnuts and mushrooms until tender crisp. While the vegetables are cooking mix together the soy sauce and sugar. When the veggies are done add this mixture and cook for two minutes. Add the hoisin and the chili paste and stir. Add the scallions, cilantro and peanuts and stir. Toss in the crunchy noodles. Serve in lettuce cups.
- Recipe adapted from Food.com
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 390Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 1029mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 7gSugar: 16gProtein: 12g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Throughout the week, you can find the #SundaySupper food blogger team also sharing #WeekdaySupper meals. Getting families back to the dinner table is our mission, and I hope we inspire you to try some of our delicious recipes. Please join us there and try something new!