Braised Chicken Thighs with Artichokes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Susan is here today with Braised Chicken Thighs with Artichokes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. She is bringing you an amazing chicken dish. I know Susan through #SundaySupper so we get to share lots together. If you would like to follow her along and I say it is a must, you can do so on
Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Hi! I’m Susan
I’m from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and I’m so happy to be here guest posting today at Noshing With The Nolands! Tara is such an incredible blogger and a wonderful person, with her request for a spring-time recipe this week, I was more than happy to oblige.
With the first day of spring last week, this was the perfect time for a light, simple dish that takes no time to put together! I love braising chicken thighs, it’s a quick weeknight meal, and you can’t beat the crisp skin and juicy interior. Best part, it’s nearly impossible to overcook chicken thighs, especially when you have a flavorful liquid to cook it in!
The addition of artichokes, lemons, olives and feta just screams spring to me. Don’t you agree?
Lemon Braised Chicken Thighs with Artichokes, Olives and Feta
These Lemon Braised Chicken Thighs with Artichokes, Olives, and are a quick weeknight meal, and you can't beat the crisp skin and juicy interior. The best part, it's nearly impossible to overcook chicken thighs and they stay tender and juicy in their sauce.
- 1lb bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon za'atar seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 9oz package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup Bulgarian feta, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season them on both sides with the za'atar, salt and pepper.
- In a wide oven safe saute pan or brasier over medium heat place the thighs skin side down to cook for 10 minutes or until the skin is crispy and easily releases itself from the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and deglaze with the chicken stock and wine and stir in the lemon juice. Turn off the heat and add the chicken back, skin side up, making sure the liquid does not cover the top of the chicken.
- Add the artichokes to the pan and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the thighs are completely cooked through.
- Remove and sprinkle the sliced olives and feta around the chicken and artichokes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 378Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 31g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Comments & Reviews
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
Yayyy for Susan!
Love these. I need to come down to Brooklyn. Soon.