Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bombs are confections made into spheres from colorful candy melts. They are then filled with sprinkles, strawberry chocolate milk, and mini marshmallows. When added to hot milk they are an explosion that turns into a velvety hot cocoa drink.
These hot cocoa bombs are perfect for a boy’s outer space birthday party, a unicorn birthday (just change up the sprinkles), as a party favor, for Mandalorian fans and so much more!
These hot chocolate bombs are all the rage and you can see why!! Look at how much fun that looks!! A great DIY project that the kids can help with too.
These are fun for so many occasions, gift giving and enjoying yourself. You just need a few things to get you started and I have listed a few helpful items.
Other ingredients like strawberry chocolate milk, sprinkles and mini marshmallows you can get at your local grocery or craft store. You might even be able to nab the silicone molds there too.
Silicone half-sphere molds seem to work the best for hot chocolate bombs. They are fairly easy to find now that the initial craziness for this product has calmed down. They are also easy to work with and are fairly inexpensive.
Helpful Items for this Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
4-Pack Silicone Chocolate Bomb Molds
2-Pack Silicone Chocolate Bomb Molds
Small Microwave-Safe Glass Bowls
What are Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bombs?
They are a confection made to make a fun hot candy drink. The sweet candy shell melts away under hot milk and releases strawberry chocolate milk, sprinkles and mini marshmallows.
After the hot chocolate mix, candy shell and sprinkles explode everything is stirred and well mixed. Then a sweet, smooth drink comes together.
What is in a Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bomb?
Assemble the ingredients and the kids to make these fun candy melt bombs! If you have found these to buy you know how expensive they can be but making them at home is not only less expensive but also a lot of fun.
Then watch faces as they are in awe when you see the bombs explode into a delicious drink in front of your eyes.
Pink candy melts
Blue candy melts
Purple candy melts
Nesquik strawberry chocolate milk powder
Half sphere silicone mold
- Pink, purple, blue candy melts – Candy melts are super easy to melt and remelt making them ideal for colorful cocoa bombs.
- Strawberry chocolate milk mix – I used Nesquik as it is the only one currently available in strawberry flavor.
- Sprinkles mix – Walmart carries Yummalo mixes of sprinkles that are a little more varied and interesting than the usual sprinkles found in the baking section. I used the unicorn mix for this one. I have also linked up Galaxy sprinkles from Amazon above.
- Mini marshmallows – Hot cocoa is simply not complete without mini marshmallows.
- Supplies you will need to make this recipe –
- Three small, microwave-safe bowls
- Half sphere silicone mold
- Small, microwave-safe plate
How to Make Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bombs
Making these candy melt bombs is easy and no need to mess with tempering the chocolate as candy melts are very simple to make a chocolate shell with.
You don’t even need to chop chocolate or use a double boiler as they easily melt right in the microwave from the little disks they are made into.
- In three separate, microwave-safe bowls, melt the candy melts in 30-second increments, stirring in between. This will take 60-90 seconds. Once they are melted, spoon about ½ Tbsp of each color into each half-sphere mold.
- Using the back of a spoon or a pastry brush, lightly swirl the colors together and spread them around the entire mold. Don’t swirl too much, just 3-4 swirls or the colors will start blending and there will not be a noticeable difference between each color.
- Let set in the fridge or freezer for about 6 minutes or until hardened. As a precaution, reinforce the top edges of each half-sphere with a little bit of the remaining candy melt.
- Let set for a minute until they are hardened again. Carefully remove each half-sphere from the molds.
- In 6 half spheres, spoon 1 Tbsp of the strawberry chocolate milk powder. Top with 1 tsp of sprinkles and several mini marshmallows.
Storage: Cocoa bombs may be stored in a baggie or an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 weeks.
Putting The Spheres Together
- Place a small, microwave-safe plate into the microwave to heat for about 45 seconds.
- Take an empty half sphere and place it onto the plate for a few seconds until the edges start to melt.
- Place the empty half onto the corresponding filled half ensuring the edges meet evenly all the way around. Run a clean finger around the edge to clean up any excess candy melt. Repeat with the remaining 5 spheres until all of the cocoa bombs are assembled.
How Much Milk do you Add to a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
When you are ready to use your Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bomb, just simply place it in a mug. Pour one cup of warm milk on top. I recommend milk over water for this hot cocoa as it will be much creamier. Stir it well and enjoy!!
For extra fun, dip the rim of the coffee mug/glass in melted candy melts, just pick one color, then dip in sprinkles and let it dry for few minutes before placing the cocoa bombs in a mug.
Add extra mini marshmallows if you like and extra sprinkles too as the sprinkles will melt away in the hot milk.
Two of Our Other Favorite Bombs
This Funfetti Hot Chocolate Bomb is made with melted chocolate chips instead of candy melts. You could use chocolate bars melted for these also.
We used semi-sweet chocolate for bombs but you could use dark chocolate or milk chocolate too.
These Hot Chocolate Bombs are the originals and are made with milk chocolate and a hot cocoa mix inside along with mini marshmallows. Who doesn’t like hot cocoa mix and marshmallows, I say bring ’em on anytime!!
Decorate the tops with flavored candies to add to your hot chocolate bombs. Think of candies that will melt fast and add flavor like crushed cinnamon hearts, crushed candy canes, gingerbread sprinkles, etc.En
Enjoy all of these fabulous bombs for so many occasions. They sky is the limit on creativity and flavors!!
Pin it HERE!!
Pin it HERE!!
Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bombs
Galaxy Hot Chocolate Bombs release strawberry chocolate milk, sprinkles, and mini marshmallows after hot milk is poured on top of them. Once stirred and well mixed, a sweet, smooth drink comes together to everyone's delight.
- ½ c each of pink, blue and purple candy melts
- 6 Tbs Nesquik strawberry chocolate milk powder
- 6 tsp sprinkles mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Half sphere silicone mold
In three separate, microwave-safe bowls, melt the candy melts in 30-second increments, stirring in between. This will take 60-90 seconds. Once they are melted, spoon about ½ Tbsp of each color into each half-sphere mold.
Using the back of a spoon or a pastry brush, lightly swirl the colors together and spread them around the entire mold. Don’t swirl too much, just 3-4 swirls or the colors will start blending and there will not be a noticeable difference between each color.
Let set in the fridge or freezer for about 6 minutes or until hardened. As a precaution, reinforce the top edges of each half-sphere with a little bit of the remaining candy melt. Let set for a minute until they are hardened again. Gently remove each half-sphere from the molds.
In 6 half spheres, spoon 1 Tbsp of the strawberry chocolate milk powder. Top with 1 Tsp of sprinkles and several mini marshmallows.
Place a small, microwave-safe plate into the microwave to heat for about 45 seconds. Place an empty half sphere onto the plate for a few seconds until the edges start to melt. Place the empty half onto the corresponding filled half ensuring the edges meet evenly all the way around. Run a clean finger around the edge to clean up any excess candy melt. Repeat with the remaining 5 spheres until all of the cocoa bombs are
To make hot cocoa simply place a cocoa bomb in the bottom of a mug and top with 6 oz of hot milk or water. Once the shell has melted, stir well to emulsify. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Storage: Cocoa bombs may be stored in a baggie or an airtight container on the counter for up
to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anchor Hocking nchor Hocking Classic Food Storage Containers, 1-Cup, Clear Glass, Red Lids
Sweets Indeed Sprinklefetti - Galaxy Sprinkle Mix - Sprinkles For Baking - 6.5 ounces
Semi Sphere Silicone Mold, 2 Packs Baking Mold for Making Hot Chocolate Bomb, Cake, Jelly, Dome Mousse (6 Holes)
Silicone Molds, 6 Holes Semi Sphere Chocolate Molds, 4 Pack Silicone Baking Mold for Making Hot Chocolate Bombs, Cake, Jelly(Comes with 2 Droppers)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 298Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Leave A Reply!