Lobster Deviled Eggs
I came up with this Lobster Deviled Eggs idea to bump plain old deviled eggs up a notch. Either you love deviled eggs or you don’t. We are all a big fan especially Amber. She just plain loves eggs!! These were great at Easter but can be served anytime. Don’t overcook your eggs as they will get that nasty grey coloring around the yolk. If you follow these simple instructions you will have perfect eggs every time.
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked lobster
- Lobster pieces for garnish
- Smoked paprika
- Chopped fresh chives
- Place the eggs in a large enough pan that they are not stacked on each other. Fill with water to just barely cover.
- Gently place on stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat off and let sit in the pot of hot water for 10 min.
- Rinse under cold water and refrigerate until cold.
- Peel and cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and then add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and salt, and pepper to taste.
- Using a mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 min. until smooth.
- Fold in lobster.
- Spoon filling into whites and place on a serving platter or egg platter.
- Place in one piece of lobster for a garnish.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and chives.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 73Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g