No Nuts and Bolts
You need to try these No Nuts and Bolts, they are fantastic! Tastespotting in conjunction with Food Allergy Initiative (FAI) is trying to make people aware of what is becoming a reality for more and more people every day and that is food allergies. This week is food allergy awareness week and tomorrow Tastespotting will publish posts about food allergies all day.
So I decided to do No Nuts and Bolts. This recipe I make every Halloween and know that children with food allergies can enjoy this mix too!! You won’t miss the nuts at all in this very flavourful snack. Enjoy!
- 1/2 400 gm. package pretzel sticks
- 2 cups each of:
- - Cheerios cereal
- - Shreddies cereal
- - Life cereal
- - Cheese bites
- - Fritos hoops
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp.each of:
- - garlic powder
- - onion powder
- - seasoning salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Pour the first six ingredients into a large roasting pan.
- Mix butter, celery salt, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, and Tabasco together.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the pretzel mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake for two hours, stirring every 30 min.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 135Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.