One-Pot Easy Caprese Pasta
I am part of a 30 Day Challenge today, coming up with easy pasta dishes for you all to enjoy!! Please scroll down to see all of the pastas we have for you. I decided to make One-Pot Easy Caprese Pasta.
Have you tried any of the one-pot pasta dishes where you boil everything including the pasta in one pot? Huge time saver and they come out amazing. I have done quite a few now like this.
During the week not only are we busy but tired, so a quick and easy pasta dinner is a welcomed recipe. Also in this household, we love to have vegetarian probably “twice a week”.
It used to be once a week but that has now increased to at least two times with Amber becoming a vegetarian. I welcome it as it is an easy way to cook, one less thing to worry about really with no meat.
Simple ingredients are added to a large pot and cooked together. Giving it an occasional stir keeps the cheese from sticking to the bottom. Nothing could be easier than this one pot pasta meal.
Another little take on this would be to boil and drain the pasta and then add the bocconcini, basil, tomatoes, S&P and Parmesan. A quick drizzle of olive oil and some balsamic would finish the fresh pasta off.
We loved how the cheese melted and created a creamy sauce when all cooked together though. Hot, fresh and fast is this pasta!
- • 12 oz. penne pasta
- • 200 gms. bocconcini cheese
- • 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- • I small onion or ½ medium, chopped
- • 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- • 1 small bunch fresh basil, torn
- • Salt and freshly ground pepper
- • Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large pot add the penne, tomatoes, bocconcini, onion, garlic, basil and salt and pepper. Pour in 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, covered and then reduce heat to a simmer and uncover. Stir occasionally to keep the cheese from burning to the bottom. Cook for about 20 min. or until pasta is al dente. A small amount of water/sauce will remain.
- Serve with more salt and pepper to taste and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 305Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Check out all the other delicious EASY PASTA DINNERS recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Pasta Challenge.
- Garlic Meatballs and Pasta from Lovefoodies
- One Pot Pizza Tortellini Bake from Life Currents
- Easy Bow Tie Pasta Soup from Blessed Beyond Crazy
- One-Pot Easy Caprese Pasta from Noshing With The Nolands
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup from Who Needs A Cape?
- Classic penne all’arrabbiata from Culinary Ginger
- Pasta in Creamy Sausage Sauce from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Cheesy Beef and Kale Penne Pasta from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- One Pot Sausage and Ziti from Savory Experiments