Pear Streusel Crunch Cake #BundtBakers
It has been way too long since I have been with this lovely group of people and baking a bundt for you all. Today I am back with a Pear Streusel Crunch Cake #BundtBakers. This event is hosted by the lovely Lauren Everson from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
I wanted this cake to be special, to have a little interest besides just the wonderful pear, as that is our theme for this month. So I upped it with a gorgeous streusel not only on top but through the middle too. It gave the cake the perfect crunch!! This would have been something that my mom or grandmother would make as we had loads of pear trees on our property. They were always putting pears into cakes, pies, crisps, and more.
Don’t forget to scroll all the way down to see what everyone else has done with the theme of pears!! You will love all these bundts!
Besides the wonderful streusel to give the added crunch, I put in lots of pears as you can see. I pureed some to keep the cake moist without having to add in too much oil. I also did a large dice to the pears to give you a lovely bite of pear every now and again.
In this shot, you can see the scrumptious layer of streusel running around the middle of the cake!!
You can also sprinkle on icing sugar to give it that wintery feel. This is such a pretty bundt to serve for the holidays and everyone wil think you slaved away making this cake.
#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter
- 100 gms. of walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- I cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pear syrup, from canned pears
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 sour cream
- 1 cup chopped canned pears
- Icing sugar, optional
- To make the streusel, combine all the ingredients except the butter with a fork. Then working quickly add the butter in tablespoons and working with your fingers crumble it into the streusel until well combined. Set aside.
- Butter and flour a bundt pan and preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment add the oil and sugars, mix well. Add in the eggs, mix again. Add in the pear puree and the vanilla, mix. Add in half the flour mixture followed by the sour cream and the remaining flour mixture. Mix well with each addition. Fold in the chopped pears. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 60 -70 min. or until done and a cake tester comes out clean. Let rest for 15 min. and then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve sprinkled with icing sugar if desired.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Almond Pear Bread Pudding from Food Lust People Love
- Bundt Cake de Pera y Almendras from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Honey and Walnut Pear Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- London Fog & Pear Bundt Cake from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Pear and Date Bundt Cake with Caramel Mascarpone Sauce from kidsandchic
- Pear and Hazelnut Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pear and Port Bundt Cake from Palatable Pasttime
- “Pear”fect Rum Raisin Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pear Pecan Coffee Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Pear Spiced Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Pear Streusel Crunch Cake from Noshing with the Nolands
- Pumpkin Pear Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Roasted Pear & Walnut Spice Cake Bundt from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Salted Caramel Pear Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Spiced Pear Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm