Playground Granola Bars for #SundaySupper
It is back to school time again, how did that happen?? Where did the summer go??? This summer went by the fastest ever!! We had a glorious one weather-wise but alas we now have to send the kids back!! For this #SundaySupper I wanted to come up with Playground Granola Bars that are really healthy.
I have made them before and here is the recipe but they didn’t have the healthiest of ingredients. These Playground Granola Bars are healthy, delicious and importantly peanut and nut-free for school. That doesn’t mean they aren’t absolutely delicious because they are!! Loaded with yummy ingredients and of course who can resist adding a bit of chocolate too!!!
They are sweet, crunchy, moist and delicious!! Kids will love them and parents will be happy to include them into their lunch box.
My daughter would always grab her snack and run out to the playground at recess. That is where I thought of the name. Most kids are on the go with their snacks and these will be a perfect grab and run treat!! These granola bars are full of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, dates, chocolate, and oats. I even put some flax seeds in them for an extra boost of omega 3 fatty acids!! They will fill you up and keep you going for the rest of the morning!!
- 3 cups rolled oats, ground but still leaving some larger pieces (gluten free if desired)
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅛ cup flax seeds, ground
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare a 10x15" pan with foil that is sprayed with cooking oil. Mix all the ingredients together. Spread evenly into pan and flatten slightly with a spatula sprayed with cooking oil. Bake 325 F for 20-25 in. Let cool and cut into rectangles. They will be still moist on the bottom. Keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
Here are a fabulous line up of great recipes to help you get back in the swing of school!!
Back to School Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Killer Bunnies
- Make Ahead Waffle Casserole from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Apple Muffins from Meal Diva
- Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies from What Smells So Good?
Back to School Lunches and Simple Suppers
- Owl Bento Box from Simply Gourmet
- First Day of School Pinwheels from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Quick and Easy Hot Pastrami Sliders from Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Revamp from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken and Zucchinin Meatballs from Casa de Crews
- Clean Eating Lunches Your Kids will Love from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Crispy Chicken Legs from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- DIY Veggie Cup Noodles from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Nuggets from Nosh my Way
- Skinny Spinach Mac and Cheese from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Chicken Schnitzle from Panning the Globe
- Spagetti and Chicken Meatballs from Soni’s Food
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Vinagraitte from The Weekend Gourmet
- Turkey Pinwheels from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Back to School Sips
- Hulk SMASH Smoothie from Run DMT
Back to School Super Snacks
- Nutty Granola from Life Tastes Good
- On the Go Guacamole from Shannon at Country Girl in the Village
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Playground Granola Bars from Noshing with the Nolands
- Apricot Dip from Magnolia Days
- Home Made Graham Crackers from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Apple Zucchini Flax Bread from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Beef and Veggie Sliders from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Back to School Sweets and Treats
- Open Face PB & J Cookies from Desserts Required
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Paletas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Love Note Doodle Bugs from Happy Baking Days
- Frozen Yogurt Mud Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.