Strawberry Basil Bellini
Ken and I have started to play around with some cocktail ideas and came up with this Strawberry Basil Bellini. I first thought of a blueberry basil Bellini but the color was not so pleasant. You first eat with your eyes and I don’t care what it tastes like if it is not initially appealing I am not going to like it near as much. That is why all these food photography sites are all doing so well.
So we ditched that idea and moved onto a strawberry basil Bellini. I love the spiciness of the basil with the sweet taste of the strawberry. The combination of mixing in sweet fruit into a salad or having crushed black peppercorns on strawberries is a flavor that I have always loved. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Cheers!!!!!!!!!
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 2 small basil leaf or 1 medium
- For the simple syrup mix one cup sugar and one cup water in a saucepan, stir and bring to a boil. Once sugar is dissolved remove from heat. Refrigerate until cold.
- Blend the ingredients in a blender until pureed.
- Divide the puree between four glasses and top with Prosecco or your favorite sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry and basil leaf.
You can make the simple syrup ahead of time and store it in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 20Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.