Valentine Heart Cookies for Creative Cookie Exchange
I am here today with Creative Cookie Exchange and we are doing Valentine’s Day theme this month as it is soon approaching. Our theme is Red or Pink for Valentine’s Day.
I decided to do little pinkish-red Valentine Heart Cookies to share with you today.
I made these delightful cookies after I had received some of the amazing Gay Lea Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Spreadable. Don’t you love this on toast for the morning, so I decided to sandwich it between two sugar cookies.
So easy and so good. No need to make the icing. They are a sure hit with this wonderfully sweet and cinnamon-flavored butter in between.
The sugar cookies are great on their own too!! So cute and perfect for your Valentine!!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- Red Food Gel
- In a stand-up mixer cream butter and sugars together and then beat in eggs until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and syrup. Whisk together dry ingredients and add slowly, mixing well until all is incorporated.
- Add red food gel until the desired color and mix well.
- You will get a workout mixing this!! Chill the dough well, best if done overnight.
- Roll out dough onto a well-floured surface and cut into your favorite shape.
- Bake at 325F for 8-10 min.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 187Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
The theme this month is Put On Your Red and Pink for Valentine’s Day! Creative Cookie Exchange has decided to stop using the linky. What this means is that the only way to join in the fun is to become a host.
Just contact Laura at thespicedlife AT Gmail DOT com and I will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration for Valentine’s Day, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made so far:
- Big Be Mine Cookie from Food Lust People Love
- Glazed Doughnut Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Iced VoVos from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Jam Sandwich Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Pomegranate Cheesecake Cookies from It’s Yummi!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Meringues from The Spiced Life
- Valentine Heart Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands