12 Days of Christmas-Chorizo Cheese Dip
This 12 Days of Christmas-Chorizo Cheese Dip is a great crowd pleaser!! We absolutely loved this dip!! It takes you away from the little nibbles that are so often seen at Christmas. If you are doing an appetizer party and need something substantial, this dip is it.
Every man in the room will be crowded around it. Hearty, filling, spicy, cheesy, it has a guys appetizer written all over it. Serve it for the next football game to over the holidays. It isn’t too spicy so Amber gobbled it down also. You will love this dip for your next gathering.
Find some festive chips like the ones shown and it makes it even more for the holidays.
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 Tbsp. tequila
- 1/2 pkg. Tex Mex shredded cheese
- 1 pkg. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Garnishes of cheese, tomato, and cilantro if desired
- Remove sausage meat from its casing and brown in a large fry pan.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add jalapeno, salsa, and tequila and mix well and simmer.
- Dice the cream cheese into large chunks and add to the frypan stirring to melt. Add the Tex Mex cheese and melt stirring.
- Loosen up the dip with 3 Tbsp. milk.
- Add the cilantro. Transfer to a warm cast iron pan.
- At this point, you can refrigerate until ready to serve. Reheat in a 325F. oven for 20 min. or until heated through.
- Garnish with cheese, tomato, and cilantro if desired and serve with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 327Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1055mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.