Bakery Butter Buns
Want to make fresh buns for dinner but afraid? This recipe will help you out for Bakery Butter Buns!! These buns are easy and so buttery.
I love the smell of bread baking, it is makes such a homey feeling. Your family will love you for this recipe. They are so great with any meal, it is just upped a level with homemade fresh out of the oven buns.
You can have these anytime time of the day, great with some butter and jam too!! I hope you try this recipe. ENJOY!!!
- 4 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup each of sugar, and butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups flour
- Place the yeast in a small bowl and add the warm water
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine the sugar, butter, salt, and hot milk. Stir to combine and let cool to lukewarm.
- Stir the eggs and the yeast into the sugar mixture.
- Gradually add the flour, beating well after each addition.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and satiny, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large lightly greased bowl and cover with a tea towel.
- Place in a warm spot and let rise until doubled in volume, about an hour.
- Form into 15 balls and place them on a greased 11" pan.
- Allow the dough to rise again for 1 hour.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F until golden brown
Adapted from Gwen's Butter Rich Dinner Rolls.