I love peanut butter and in a cookie or dessert, yum!!! I grew up on the stuff. We all had peanut butter sandwiches in our lunchboxes and I still love peanut butter on toast in the morning, to this day. My favorite though is these Best Peanut Butter Cookies!!
This recipe goes way back to my childhood, the absolute best peanut butter cookie recipe around.
Not only is one cookie great but two sandwiched between more peanut butter, oh heavens, how I love these cookies.
This recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookies and Candies cookbook. One that I have had forever, given to me by my wonderful neighbor, Betty Semple.
I treasure these cookbooks and go to them for tried and true recipes again and again.
The recipe doesn’t make that many and sometimes that is a very good thing. These were my all-time favorite when I was a kid and I hope you like them too!! ENJOY!!
Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter and peanut butter and work mixture until it looks like a coarse meal.
- Stir in syrup and milk.
- Shape into a long log shape 2" wide on plastic wrap. Seal and refrigerate to chill for 1 hour. The mixture is dry but it will hold together.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice about 1/4" thick and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread about 1/2 tsp. of peanut butter in the center of one of the cookies and cover with another slice.
- With the tines of a fork seal around the edges.
- Bake at 350F. for 12 min.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 min. then remove to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 121Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.