Cherry Kirsch Bundt for #BundtaMonth
Cherry is the theme for this month’s Bundt and I first wanted to do Black Forrest Mini Bundts as that is my hubby’s fav but it was already taken. Not a problem, then I was going to get Cherry Grand Marnier but found Kirsch in the cupboard.
I also wanted to try a swirl inside the cake so I bought some cherry pie filling. Off I went to create this Cherry Kirsch Bundt for #BundtaMonth!!!
I also wanted to glaze it with a simple butter/kirsch glaze to bring out the shine. I was amazed how well it turned out and even the swirl worked for my first attempt!!
This cake was so moist and flavorful. A real hit with everyone. It makes a perfect coffee cake too, to serve at a brunch or breakfast. I hope you try this easy and delicious cake. ENJOY!!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Kirsch
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Kirsch
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment blend butter and sugar together for 2 min. on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, and Kirsch and blend. Mix flour with the salt and baking soda and add to the mixture.
- Mix in the sour cream. Beat for 2 min. scraping down the bowl often.
- Pour the 1/2 the batter into the prepared cake pan. Place the cherry pie filling into the middle of the batter creating a ring completely around the bundt pan but staying in the center of the batter.
- Place the remaining batter on top and smooth out slightly. Bake for 45-55 min. until done. Using a cake tester if possible.
- Cool in pan and then invert onto a cooling rack to glaze.
- Place all the glaze ingredients in a small pan and heat until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and brush onto the cake. Let cake rest between coats to absorb some of the glaze. Continue glazing until the mixture is gone.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 429Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Ready for more cherry cakes?
Look at these recipes by the talented and fabulous #BundtAMonth bakers:
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Kate at Diethood
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.