Chicken and Chorizo Enchilada
I made this some time ago now but I had such a craving for an enchilada so I made this Chicken and Chorizo Enchilada. All over the place I kept seeing really gorgeous enchiladas on so many sites. I guess that is the hazards of my new profession. So I came up with this enchilada and it sure hit the spot. Not your typical enchilada but I am always like thinking outside the box. Yummy!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 Hot Chorizo sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Ancho Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- 2 Avocados, ripe
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 heaping Tbsp. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan and cook the jalapeno, garlic, onion, red pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper until tender. Add the chicken and chorizo and mix well.
- Stuff the 8 flour tortillas with the chicken mixture. Dividing evenly and sprinkling the inside with 1 cup of the cheese as you are building them. Place in the prepared pan. Top with the salsa and the 2 cups of remaining cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 25 min. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 min.
- Meanwhile make the Avocado Lime Sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor and pureeing until smooth.
- Serve the enchiladas with the Avocado Lime Sauce and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.
Avocado-Lime Sauce adapted from Lemons and Anchovies