Chicken Gyros with Yogurt Dill Sauce
These Chicken Gyros with Yogurt Dill Sauce are a quick and easy dinner that Ken has enjoyed making for years. We all love it!!!! With a crisp salad and a glass of white wine it is a great spring meal.
This is a new recipe we tried, I really liked it but Ken likes the original one we have been doing for years. Try this one on for size and in a little while I will post our other recipe. You be the judge.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup plain low-fat greek style yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 4 pita pockets, good quality so they are easy to open, heated
- 1/2 red onion, sliced (optional)
- 4 large leaves of romaine lettuce
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, 1 clove garlic, mustard, oregano and chicken in a ziplock bag. Turn bag to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill and the other clove of garlic. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet saute chicken for about 8 min. until golden and cooked through.
- Cut pitas in half and open.
- Place a quarter of the chicken inside each half of the pita and top with the yogurt sauce, lettuce and red onion if using. Enjoy!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 552Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 46g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.