This Exotic Salad is a salad that my mom used to make when I was little. I remember her making it for special dinners. I also remember it to be so good! It is however very very different from your regular salad. One that I have loved for years. I hope you enjoy it.
- 14 oz. can each of hearts of palm, artichoke hearts & lychee fruit
- 1 avocado
- Dozen grape tomatoes halved
- Bag of spring mix salad by Dole
- Purple onion, sliced for garnish
- Black olives, sliced for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. each lemon juice, balsamic vinegar & lychee fruit liquid
- 1/2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together in a blender or whisk together.
- Drain the heart of palm and the artichoke hearts. Save 2 Tbsp. of the juice from the lychee and drain the rest off.
- Cut the hearts of palm and the artichoke hearts into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel avocado and slice.
- Toss the palm, artichoke, lychee fruit, avocado and tomatoes in the vinaigrette dressing and chill.
- Serve over Dole Spring Mix.
- Top with red onion slices and black olives. So good!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 110Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.