#SundaySupper today is bringing you Gifts From The Kitchen. Ken had been wanting to make some kind of pecans for awhile now. Had a hankering for them! And when he made them they were perfectly timed for this post. Cinnamon Candied Pecans were born because I asked him to go to the sweet side. He has made spiced nuts before and they are either spicy or sweet spicy but never had he made candied ones. I love giving little gifts from the kitchen and do it as much as I can but at Christmas we are always doing something special for gifts. Even if it is a little jar or container tucked inside a parcel, bag or basket, it adds that special charm and meaning. Something made from the heart!
A lot of cookies go out of this house wrapped up in pretty boxes over the holidays but I wanted to share something else with you. I have to say that I had to put these in a large jar and say that was off limits or the entire recipe would have disappeared, they are that good!! Super addicting, you can’t eat just one. They were vanishing at the photo shoot too!!
The large jar is going out as a gift this weekend to a Grey Cup party. If I didn’t stow them away the batch would have been gone for sure!! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!! Can’t wait until he makes some more for us!!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 lb. pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250F. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk egg white and water together in another bowl until frothy. Mix the pecans into the egg white mixture. Then toss in the cinnamon sugar and stir to coat all the pecans making sure they are evenly coated.
- Spread the nuts onto a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 min., stirring every 15 min. until pecans are browned. Let cool on cookie sheet. Give as gifts as desired.
I am so excited to go through all of these posts to see everyone’s Gifts From The Kitchen. I hope you enjoy them all!
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate by Supper for a Steal
- Cranberry Infused Vodka by The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Pomegrante Vodka by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Creamy Coconut Liqueur by Manu’s Menu
- German Egg Liqueur (Eierlikör) by Magnolia Days
- Homemade Kahlua by Country Girl in the Village
- Homemade Organic Lavender Honey by An Appealing Plan
- Pumpkin Beer Bread Gift Basket by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
Appetizers and Snacks:
- Boozy Olives by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cookie Butter Puppy Chow by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Reindeer Snack Mix by MealDiva
Condiments and Sauces:
- Ginger Jam by What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Ginger Marmalade by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Microwave Caramel Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet-Hot Red Pepper Jam by Delaware Girl Eats
Savory and Sweet Mixes:
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Mix by Feed Me, Seymour
- Homemade Brownie Mix in a Jar by The Perfect Brownie
- Homemade Sazon Seasoning by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Mocha Latte Mix by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Desserts and Sweets:
- Assorted Macaroons by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Bacon & Mixed Nuts Caramel Corn by Brunch with Joy
- Brandy Truffles by Food Lust People Love
- Carob Peanut Butter Cups by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cranberry Nut Candy by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cinnamon Candied Pecans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Coconut Oil White Chocolate + Chocolate Chip Cookies by Wallflour Girl
- Homemade Marshmallows by Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Chocolates by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Matcha Green Tea Holiday Wreath Cookies by NinjaBaker
- White Chocolate Lollipops by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- White Christmas Fudge by Rhubarb and Honey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.