I am with #CreativeCookieExchange today, bringing you fabulous cookies, all with the wonderful theme of Cinnamon!! I wanted a quick cookie this time and something that I had not made at home before but have seen in many bakeries, so I thought I would try a go at Cinnamon Pecan Elephant Ear Cookies!
They are possibly the easiest cookie you can make. You say, really? Yup, all the magic is done for you with puff pastry. They are fast and can be made ahead of time on a cookie tray, then pop them into the oven and you have wonderful cinnamon, delicious cookies, baked and ready to serve. A perfect, quick, and easy holiday idea!!
Hubby could not believe how easy these were to put together. A quick whirl of the nuts, cinnamon and sugar in the food processor, a quick roll of defrosted puff pastry and you are on your way to making Cinnamon Pecan Elephant Ears!!
They are crunchy, crispy, flaky, sweet, nutty and best of all cinnamony!! Add these to your holiday baking and cookie swaps and you will be the belle of the ball!
- 1/2 lb. (250 gm.) frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a food processor whirl the pecans, sugars and cinnamon together and set aside. Roll out the puff pastry to a rectangle of about 14x20".
- Sprinkle with the nut mixture to the ends. Roll the long side stopping in the center and roll the other side to meet it. Cut into 1/4-1/2" slices.
- Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes, turn over and bake the other side for the same time, 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a cookie rack to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 30Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Are we the only ones who start craving cinnamon when the weather gets colder? We can’t be! And we are talking anything sold under the word cinnamon–cassia, “true Cinnamon”, Ceylon Cinnamon, Vietnamese Cinnamon–if it is sold as cinnamon it is what we want! Check out all of our cinnamon cookies below! Hint: A lot of them could be used for your holiday cookie table!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Browned Butter Snickerdoodles by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Chocolate Star Cookies by Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Crunch Cookies by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Cinnamon Dusted Orange Icebox Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze by Our Good Life
- Cinnamon Pecan Elephant Ears by Noshing With The Nolands
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies by A Baker’s House
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Walnut Icebox Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Polvorones by Oven Delights
- Speculoos (Dutch Windmill Cookies) by Upstate Ramblings