Corn and Black Bean Salad with Cumin Lime Dressing
Originally, I got this Corn and Black Bean Salad with Cumin Lime Dressing recipe from my dear friend Nan. I have made this for years.
Over the years I have changed it up just slightly from the original recipe. I like more corn than black beans but you might like it the other way around and I use less of the olive oil.
There is nothing like a crispy fresh salad on a warm summer’s day. This salad would pair perfectly with a sandwich or a bowl of soup. You could even double the salad and serve it up alone as a light lunch. The beans offer the protein and the peppers and the dressing add the crunchy zip to the dish.
Our family always tries to have a vegetarian meal at least once a week sometimes more. IF is a refreshing change and quite frankly most of the time they don’t even notice that there is no meat on their plates.
It’s not like I trick them, vegetarian meals don’t need to be bland they can have all the flavor your family is looking for, you should try it. It’s a wonderfully healthy alternative once in a while!!
It originally had 3/4 of a cup. It is a great salad for the summer months. Full of flavor with the great citrus cumin dressing. One that you will get rave reviews if you bring it to any BBQ or picnic. Try this salad out today!!!
- 3 cups frozen corn cooked quickly in the microwave and then run under cold water
- 1- 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Each Green and Red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Dash of salt
- Combine corn, beans, peppers, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dressing.
- Toss with the corn mixture. Refrigerate covered to let the flavors meld.
- Serve on individual salad plates garnished with sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 437Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 13gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.