Ken brought home some creamsicle ice cream from the grocery store for Amber the other day. I had a small bowl after dinner and it totally reminded me of a Creamsicle Cocktail drink I used to have when we were at our cabin in Sicamous B.C.
I remember sitting on the deck, watching the boats go past through the channel during the summer. It was so good and I haven’t had it for a very long time!
After some discussion, we decided to go about reinventing a creamsicle cocktail and it turned out great. You can be sipping these all summer long!! Here is another cocktail that will use up your simple syrup.
- 1/2 oz. orange vodka
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz simple syrup,
- 1 oz half and half cream
- 3 drops red food coloring and 6 drops yellow (optional)
- Fill a shaker half up with ice.
- Add all the ingredients and shake well, strain into a martini glass. Yummy!!
- For the simple syrup, mix 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar.
- Heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Let cool and refrigerate.
The simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 239Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
This has been added to Michelle’s Tasty Creations Creative Thursday Link Party