Rhubarb Yogurt Ginger Granola Parfait
This Rhubarb Yogurt Ginger Granola Parfait was fantastic!! I used the compote I made in my canning class and it was excellent!! It was a rhubarb orange compote so I thought a nice thick and creamy Greek vanilla yogurt would go nicely.
Paired with those two I added ginger-flavored organic granola with cashews. WOW, what a lovely combination.
It was a beautiful day (we aren’t getting many of those) so I thought I would take my photos outside. Amber was off school for the day and we got to enjoy a beautiful breakfast parfait on the back deck. A great way to start off the day!!!
Recipe for the compote by Chef Valerie Andrews
This has been entered in Sunflower Supper Club’s Weekend Potluck
- RHUBARB COMPOTE
- 6 cups fresh chopped rhubarb, washed
- 2 oranges peeled, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 cup of organic cane sugar
- FOR TWO PARFAITS
- Use 1 cup of your favorite granola
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek Vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup rhubarb orange compote
- Combine all ingredients in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cover and simmer gently for about 10 min.
- The rhubarb will begin to soften. Uncover and continue to cook another 7 to 10 min.
- Remove from heat. Pour into sterilized jars.
- Fill the jars, leaving a 1/4″ of space at the top. Wipe rims clean.
- Put filled jars in boiling water canner to cover. Process in the water bath for 10 min.
- Let jars cool overnight
You may not want to can this as I’m sure it will disappear in no time.
FOR TWO PARFAITS
- Layer the ingredients into a parfait glass or glass of your choice starting with the compote.
- Follow with the yogurt and then the granola.
- Continue layering until topped with the yogurt.
You may need more or less of all these ingredients depending on the size of your glass.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 274Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 5gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g