Easy Chili Mac Skillet Dinner
Want a great meal that the whole family will love? Easy Chili Mac Skillet Dinner has it all, it is simple to make and everyone will be going back for more. This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms, where also I’m a contributor.
Are you in a hurry most nights but want something that is simple and everyone will be happy with? Then this dinner is the easy fix. I love the combination of chili and macaroni and cheese. Two great comfort foods come together as one. This will be a meal that you will go back to again and again. A dinner that your family will ask for too!
Cheesy, creamy, meaty, this meal is a real winner!! I love that it is all made in one pan, including cooking the macaroni. What could be easier, really?? The meal is full of protein, fiber and deliciousness! My family raved over this and would have it any night of the week.
There are lots of warming spices in this dish to make it taste great with little effort. Adding in some fresh veggies gets the kids to eat them without even realizing it. You can add in more too if you like but I think it was the perfect balance between everything with the peppers, onions, garlic, beans and tomatoes.
Grab the ingredients to make this tonight, dinner will be served in no time!!
Easy Chili Mac Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1-15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, grated
- In a large skillet or saute pan cook the beef until starting to brown, add in the onions, pepper and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add in the kidney beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, macaroni, water, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to simmer and cook for 20 min. Top with the cheese and cover again for 2-3 min. until melted.