I like soups in spring and summer, I like soups at any time of the year. It has to be the right soup for me and this Easy Vietnamese Pho is nice and light, healthy, and full of flavor. The chicken is already cooked but then simmered slowly all day in the crockpot making a delicious stock and a nice and tender chicken. I would think even a dried-out chicken would come to life again.
Once the chicken has simmered, it is a super easy prep and another 10 min. of cook time. You then have the most enjoyable Asian soup with hardly any work at all.
I think the most important thing is just to have fresh ingredients, if you do, you will have a winner of soup on hand.
Easy Vietnamese Pho
An easy classic Vietnamese Pho, that the whole family will love.
- 2- 900 ml. (30 oz,) conatiners of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small cubes or shredded
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 4 oz. rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Thai or Italian basil
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro
- Hoisin sauce
- Lime wedges
- In a medium to large bowl of a slow cooker, combine chicken and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- When bubbling and ready to eat add in the bean sprouts and noodles. Cover and cook for 10-12 min. or until noodles are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowl and garnish with basil, cilantro, hoisin, sriracha and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes
Comments & Reviews
[email protected] says
This looks like amazing pho. I can’t wait to try it.
Nicole Neverman says
This pho looks absolutely delightful! Pho is my favorite dish and yours looks so fresh and delicious. Absolutely LOVE the slow cooking!
Joanne T Ferguson says
This looks absolutely delicious Tara and wish I could try it right now!
Dan from Platter Talk says
Beautiful job with this pho!
Tara, what a beautiful dish! I love the simplicity here but the flavors are wonderfully bold and delicious!
Helen @Fuss Free Flavours says
What a great idea to make this in the slow cooker. I love pho, endlessly adaptable and so comforting without being heavy.
This is a family favourite, and I love to use my slow cooker. Win win!!
Dear Tara, this soup looks and sounds delicious. I have never made soup in my slow cooker before! I have to try it soon…love how easy it is to prepare. xo, Catherine
Healing Tomato says
This is a perfect recipe. I love using Vermicelli noodles in Pho
peter @feedyoursoultoo says
I love the flavors of the dish and have always wanted to make this recipe. you have now showed me how easy it can be.
[email protected] says
I love this type of noodle bowl. Your recipe looks fantastic Tara!