Here we are at Day 2 of 5 Day of Egg Dishes and Ken made this brilliant sandwich for you all, well for Amber and I to start. I loved it!!! What a special sandwich to begin your day with. I felt very spoiled!!
Look at how delicious this looks, crispy flaky croissant filled with all the goodness of tomatoes, avocado, cheese and eggs!! You know you want one!! Enjoy!!
- 2 croissants, lightly toasted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 pieces thinly sliced ham
- 1 tomato sliced
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the eggs in a well oiled fry pan until almost done. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and continue to cook until cheese is melted and the eggs are firm. Be careful not to overcook the eggs or to brown them (it should be like an omelet).
- Using a spatula cut the egg in ½ and fold each ½ over so you have two pie shaped pieces. Place on the toasted croissant. Add 2 slices ham, sliced avocado and tomatoes on each. Serve immediately.