Football season is in full swing in the CFL and NFL and the big games are a perfect time to throw a party!! This easy Football Brownie is a sure game day winner!! The perfect finish to a snacking meal! This is simple to make in a 9×13″ pan and then cut into a football shape. Ice and decorate quickly, it will be a touchdown of a dessert with everyone!!
I initially served this for a Super Bowl party and it was a hit!! You always need something sweet at the end of the night when having a party. Not everyone has the time or the patience for making a big elaborate cake especially when it is for a casual party. The Football Brownie is the perfect choice.
Invite the gang over for a day of football and bake up this delicious brownie to serve! You would also get major “brownie” points if you brought this to a football party!!
Beyond the game itself the food is the number one priority or for some the only reason to be there!! For me I like it all, have always enjoyed a great football game in the season and for the end game!! Make everyone happy with this inspired dessert. Perfect for when the gang is coming over.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup dark cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 4-5 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Tube icing, white
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13" pan and line with parchment paper, let the sides overhang on the short ends. Set aside.
- In a standup mixer add the eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla and mix for about 4 min.
- Meanwhile mix together the melted butter and sugar and add it to the egg mixture, stir until smooth.
- Add the flour in and mix until incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 min., the edges should be set and the middle very moist but not uncooked. Don't over bake. Cool on a rack.
- When cooled, lift the brownie out using the parchment paper. Slice off the end edges to shape a football.
- Make the icing in a standup mixer incorporating the icing sugar into the butter slowly. Then adding in the cocoa, vanilla and whipping cream to desired thickness.
- Ice the brownie and decorate with laces etc. to look like a football. Refrigerate but bring back to room temperature before serving.